Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Missed October LSAT registration date  (Read 4465 times)

twirls77

• View Profile
Missed October LSAT registration date
« on: September 15, 2004, 10:50:40 AM »
I'm taking a Kaplan course and studying like crazy, but I very foolishly missed the October LSAT registration deadline, which was 2 days ago.

So I have take it in December.

All other considerations being the same, will this severely decrease my chances at getting into one of my top choice schools?

I am totally hysterical about it, quite devastated that I made such an awful flub. But I need to move on in my planning.

I have a 3.37 and I'll expect I'll get about a 160 on LSAT. Am I totally screwed? Is a T2 totally out of the question, if I'm not taking the test until December?

Casper

• Sr. Citizen
  • Casper, the friendly Ghost.
    • View Profile
    • DANY
Re: Missed October LSAT registration date
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2004, 10:54:28 AM »
Relax. 
Drawing dead, serving 25 to life.

twirls77

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2004, 11:32:26 AM »
Ok thanks I'll relax eventually.

Just a little worried that waiting until December will mess things up.

Tobias Beecher

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - roger_76@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2004, 11:35:06 AM »
If you score high in december, you'll have nothing to worry about.

Casper

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • DANY
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2004, 11:47:46 AM »
I'd switched my exam date from Oct. to Dec. so I'll have more time to prepare and study.  But I plan on taking a prepcourse.  You'll have to score above average range for you schools, to make up the difference.

For example, I want to get into Fordham, range is 163-168, I will have to score about 168 to make up difference in taking Dec. exam. 

twirls77

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2004, 11:54:14 AM »
Yeah that's what I'm worried about.

Right now my diagnostic is 155. This is a big improvement from the original Kaplan diagnostic but I still have a lot of work to do.

Hopefully with more prep time I can get a bit higher than a 160. It's just such a downer day.

But I'll get over it.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2004, 12:55:50 PM »
Well, if you're not where you want to be after your course ends, you might want to pick up the logic games bible or the logic reasoning bible from Powerscore, whichever area is the most trouble, and give them a look through.

The vast majority of people seem to do better with these materials than anything from Kaplan.

So look at it this way:  you have a chance to work on areas that you're not happy with, and that Kaplan didn't help enough with.

Casper

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • DANY
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2004, 01:00:14 PM »
She's right, I started looking through kaplan books, and their material sucks ass, compared to Powerscore material with regards to LG sections.  LGB explains the material in a more understandable way.  I cannot believe how kaplan could get away with publishing such crap.

twirls77

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2004, 01:49:20 PM »
OK I just ordered the Powerscore LGB on Amazon.

Another worry is that I don't want to over-prepare, so that when test day finally rolls around 2.5 months from now that I don't FREAK from 5 months of prep time all culminating in one 3.5 hour session. I just won't think about that, I guess.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2004, 02:50:41 PM »
This, unfortunately, is all part of the game for everyone. Whether you studied for 6 months, or 3 months, or 1 week, there's always the worry that you didn't prep enough, or prepped too much, or wasted time, or a section was way harder than normal, or whatever.  It's part of the game, I guess. 

Another worry is that I don't want to over-prepare, so that when test day finally rolls around 2.5 months from now that I don't FREAK from 5 months of prep time all culminating in one 3.5 hour session. I just won't think about that, I guess.