Law School Discussion

Missed October LSAT registration date

Missed October LSAT registration date
« on: September 15, 2004, 08:50:40 AM »
I'm taking a Kaplan course and studying like crazy, but I very foolishly missed the October LSAT registration deadline, which was 2 days ago.

So I have take it in December.

All other considerations being the same, will this severely decrease my chances at getting into one of my top choice schools?

I am totally hysterical about it, quite devastated that I made such an awful flub. But I need to move on in my planning.

I have a 3.37 and I'll expect I'll get about a 160 on LSAT. Am I totally screwed? Is a T2 totally out of the question, if I'm not taking the test until December?

Casper

• Casper, the friendly Ghost.
    • View Profile
    • DANY
Re: Missed October LSAT registration date
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2004, 08:54:28 AM »
Relax. 

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2004, 09:32:26 AM »
Ok thanks I'll relax eventually.

Just a little worried that waiting until December will mess things up.

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2004, 09:35:06 AM »
If you score high in december, you'll have nothing to worry about.

Casper

• Casper, the friendly Ghost.
    • View Profile
    • DANY
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2004, 09:47:46 AM »
I'd switched my exam date from Oct. to Dec. so I'll have more time to prepare and study.  But I plan on taking a prepcourse.  You'll have to score above average range for you schools, to make up the difference.

For example, I want to get into Fordham, range is 163-168, I will have to score about 168 to make up difference in taking Dec. exam. 

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2004, 09:54:14 AM »
Yeah that's what I'm worried about.

Right now my diagnostic is 155. This is a big improvement from the original Kaplan diagnostic but I still have a lot of work to do.

Hopefully with more prep time I can get a bit higher than a 160. It's just such a downer day.

But I'll get over it.

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2004, 11:49:20 AM »
Another worry is that I don't want to over-prepare, so that when test day finally rolls around 2.5 months from now that I don't FREAK from 5 months of prep time all culminating in one 3.5 hour session. I just won't think about that, I guess.

jacy85

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2004, 12:50:41 PM »
This, unfortunately, is all part of the game for everyone. Whether you studied for 6 months, or 3 months, or 1 week, there's always the worry that you didn't prep enough, or prepped too much, or wasted time, or a section was way harder than normal, or whatever.  It's part of the game, I guess. 

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2004, 11:32:07 AM »
What test date is the best for the next year's entering class?  Is February too late?

dr_draino

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2004, 11:36:10 AM »
Try years of 60+ hour work weeks as a graduate student, and it all comes down to a 2-3 hour defense...an oral argument with 5 people that are certainly smarter than you and DO have personal biases, unlike the pages of an LSAT exam...

That was the worst  of shity days...