Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Columbia vs. waiting for NYU, et al  (Read 1451 times)

1L2004

• View Profile
Columbia vs. waiting for NYU, et al
« on: March 06, 2004, 11:34:33 PM »
I'm pretty happy about CLS but NYU and Stanford (an outside chance) are still out there. Any comments on whether I should just go to CLS and get in on the ground floor with good housing and peace-of-mind or wait it out with NYU (which will just create one hell of a dilemma if I get in)...great appreciation to any responders.

Victor

Re: Columbia vs. waiting for NYU, et al
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2004, 11:46:01 PM »
I'm pretty happy about CLS but NYU and Stanford (an outside chance) are still out there? Any comments on whether I should just go to CLS and get in on the ground floor with good housing and peace-of-mind or wait it out with NYU (which will just creat one hell of a dilemma if I get in)...great appreciation to any responders.

Those are some great schools right there and im sure youre excited. Have you visited any of these schools? I really like Columbia. What are your numbers by the way?

1L2004

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2004, 12:08:01 AM »
I'm currently at NYU - #'s are 3.5/169 with excellent recs from faculty heavyweights, interships and the essay-of-my-life (i.e. it didn't include the fast-typing mistakes of my first post). I've seen all the schools I applied to except BC.  The CLS campus is an eye-sore (compared to the rest of the school) but functional ...NYU is nice, classic and welcoming and has a shiny new building.

Victor

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2004, 03:31:31 AM »
I'm currently at NYU - #'s are 3.5/169 with excellent recs from faculty heavyweights, interships and the essay-of-my-life (i.e. it didn't include the fast-typing mistakes of my first post). I've seen all the schools I applied to except BC.  The CLS campus is an eye-sore (compared to the rest of the school) but functional ...NYU is nice, classic and welcoming and has a shiny new building.

Columbia Law School campus is an eyesore ??? what so bad about it?