Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UCONN v. Lewis & Clark  (Read 344 times)

The Legal Super Trooper

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
UCONN v. Lewis & Clark
« on: April 05, 2007, 04:35:19 PM »
ok everybody.  once again another comparision thread.  here are the stats.

I am from Portland.  Never been to the east coast.  I love Portland, but I might love Connecticut, I don't know.  No scholarships at either place.  At UConn I would get in-state for 2L and 3L. So total cost its somewhere around $12,000 cheaper for UConn.  Once graduated I would be paying back around $1800-$2000 in loans every month.  This worries me a little about LC because thier average starting salary is only $57,000 where UConn's is $80,000.  Any thoughts?

CCC

• View Profile
Re: UCONN v. Lewis & Clark
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 06:34:10 PM »
I've been in a similar dilemma but i've decided it would be dumb to go to another state where I knew no one and had to start over. I think it would be exceedingly difficult to establish new connections, figure out if I want to stay there, etc. I'm honestly not that worried about the low starting salary of LC grads beacuase a lot students do low interest work and the cost of living is fairly low. It has a great rep in the NW and fairly strong job rates (compared to the other NW law schools). I'm pretty sure I want to stay here and I think LC will give me the most options.

Rule of Reason

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 08:39:55 PM »
visit --- I loved the northwest when I went there...

yep thats probably on target that a good # of L&C and U of O students go into public interest stuff.

The Legal Super Trooper

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 11:36:08 PM »
visit --- I loved the northwest when I went there...

yep thats probably on target that a good # of L&C and U of O students go into public interest stuff.

i know i really need to go visit. i was just trying to see if i could rule it out first, or if i really am serious enough about UConn to spend the money to visit.

Rule of Reason

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 11:55:56 PM »
ah.... thought you were the one talking about Seattle?

The Legal Super Trooper

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2007, 01:13:43 AM »
ah.... thought you were the one talking about Seattle?

I was....it was between Seattle and LC.   I decided I would rather go to LC than Seattle.  Then I just get this UConn acceptance yesterday.  This whole process is ridiculous.  I am atleast glad to get Seattle out of the way.

Rule of Reason

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2007, 09:58:41 AM »
anyone know about practicing in Vancouver if you go to U dub, Seattle, L&C --- is that an option?

Just curious - I have no clue on the matter.