Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UMN mishap- tell me I'm still ok?  (Read 384 times)

skyhigh711

• View Profile
UMN mishap- tell me I'm still ok?
« on: April 05, 2007, 03:27:03 PM »
So I got deferred on February 20 (3.9/162), and mailed in a LOCI on March 2.  I decided to double-check that it got there a few days ago and I find out they never got it.  Obviously, I immediately e-mailed it to them and along with a note saying that it's my 1st choice school (it really is at the moment) and I would really love to hear back soon.  Now I am freaking out because I know of many people who were borderline applicants, got deferred, sent in LOCI, and got accepted a week or so later.  Would this have happened to me if they actually received it in early March?  Are my chances seriously diminished because they lost my original LOCI?  If there's anybody out there with similar numbers who sent in a LOCI and hasn't been accepted yet or who didn't send one in and was accepted, I would love to hear about it.  I'm just really worried that this mishap will cost me an acceptance to a school I really want to go to.

skyhigh711

• View Profile
Re: UMN mishap- tell me I'm still ok?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 03:14:24 PM »
C'mon, I know there are a million people deferred at UMN.  Somebody give me something...

Gopherit

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: UMN mishap- tell me I'm still ok?
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 03:25:39 PM »
UMN '10