Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: NYU- Must withdraw from other schools before submitting intent to enroll?  (Read 351 times)

ljg

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I was looking at the NYU admitted students' website, specifically at the online intent to enroll form. The statement you have to electronically sign is as follows:

"I plan to enroll at NYU School of Law in Fall 2007. I have no commitment to attend another law school, have not deferred enrollment at another law school, will not apply to another law school, and have withdrawn from other law schools to which I was admitted. I have reviewed the information about the Law School's laptop requirement and I agree to abide by its terms. I understand that all students, whether in the J.D. or Graduate Division, enrolled in or registered for any course at New York University School of Law are required to have, for exams and other purposes, a Windows-based PC laptop with a wireless Internet connection (one that meets the minimum specifications). Every student is required to type his or her exams on a computer, and handwriting will not be permitted on exams."

Are they serious? What about those of us who will probably still be waiting to hear back from schools when the intent to enroll deposit due date comes around?? Can they actually hold you to that if, say, you get into a school late and decide to go?

ljg

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
It says withdrawn from schools to which you have been ADMITTED.  If you're still waiting to hear back from a school, you haven't been admitted.  I don't see how pending applications could be covered under this.
You're right. I think the bold font scared me and I read it too fast!!   :)