Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Whats a good timeline to get applications out  (Read 927 times)

JonR0921

• View Profile
Whats a good timeline to get applications out
« on: September 15, 2004, 07:39:00 AM »
I'm applying for Fall, 2005.  When should I aim to have the apps done and ready to send?  My recommendations will be going to LSDAS within 3 weeks, and the applications are pretty much done...just need to be mailed (or transmitted...not sure which to do). I've worked very little on my pers. statement, but I think I should wait until the LSAT is done (I'm taking the December exam).  Any ideas or guidance?

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Whats a good timeline to get applications out
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2004, 08:37:16 AM »
I'd start working on your PS very soon.  Have it done before the lsat.  Then submit your apps right after the lsat, so everything is done by the time you get your score. This should probably help ensure that schools have your entire file once they receive your lsat score, and they can start considering your app for admission.

NeverForever

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2004, 10:38:59 AM »
If it helps I'll tell you what I'm doing...

Right now I'm working on my PS and applications, I look the LSAT in June. My LOR's won't be sent in for probably another four weeks. I'll send in my apps (PS included) by November 15th. So when I send my apps in they will be complete except for the LOR's.

TheDecline

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2004, 10:46:03 AM »
Personally, I am aiming to send my apps off October 1.  While it may not make a huge difference, I think the earlier the better.  I'm done with my PS, my transcripts have been processed, 2 of 3 of my letters have been processed, and I still have a few school specific essays to do.  If you are taking the December LSAT, I would try to have everything else done before you take the test.

littleredhead

• I like you :)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - littlemissecon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2004, 12:52:55 PM »
ive sent off half my apps and LORs already..i did it as soon as possible, cause once the semester gets going ill be too busy...just waiting on UChicago and NYU to post their online applications.

absy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2004, 01:15:37 PM »
Oy, I really need to get cracking on the PS...

pepem

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2004, 02:11:42 PM »
I took the June LSAT, have my transcript and 1 LOR processed, the 2nd should be in next week.  I'm searching for a possible 3rd.  Most of my apps are complete, so I'm just working on my PS and additional essays.  My goal is to transmit them all and be done by Oct. 15.  That's just my plan.

OnDayAtaTime

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2004, 10:23:01 PM »
Can you transmit to a law school if one of your LORs has not be processed yet? Should I wait?

Ack the stress of it all ???

absy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2004, 10:47:17 PM »
yes

OnDayAtaTime

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2004, 11:25:12 PM »
Which question was the "yes" answering?
Should I wait? or Can I send the apps now?