Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: People that get a Mid 150's LSAT, there is hope!  (Read 3469 times)

umass22

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
People that get a Mid 150's LSAT, there is hope!
« on: April 04, 2007, 11:59:23 PM »
I got a 156 on my LSAT, and had a 3.58 LSDAS GPA from Umass. People on here told me I would be lucky to get into some decent Tier 3's.  I wound up applying anyway (to no Tier 3's), and figured if(when) I didn't get in anywhere, Ill retake the LSAT and reapply next year. To my suprise, I got into U of Miami, which is a really good regional Tier 2 apparantly .  So because I took a risk and applied for the hell of it, now I don't have to re take the LSAT ever again, or wait a year to start law school.  I also got waitlisted by a Tier 1 school, but I do not really want to go to that school anymore. If you get below mid 150's though, you're in trouble.  :-[

Poops

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: People that get a Mid 150's LSAT, there is hope!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 12:04:54 AM »
I got a 156 on my LSAT, and had a 3.58 LSDAS GPA from Umass. People on here told me I would be lucky to get into some decent Tier 3's.  I wound up applying anyway (to no Tier 3's), and figured if(when) I didn't get in anywhere, Ill retake the LSAT and reapply next year. To my suprise, I got into U of Miami, which is a really good regional Tier 2 apparantly that feeds right into the Miami sector.  So because I took a risk and applied for the hell of it, now I don't have to re take the LSAT ever again, or wait a year to start law school.  I also got waitlisted by a Tier 1 school, but I do not really want to go to that school anymore. If you get below mid 150's though, you're in trouble.  :-[

dude, good for you!

umass22

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 12:10:04 AM »
I got a 156 on my LSAT, and had a 3.58 LSDAS GPA from Umass. People on here told me I would be lucky to get into some decent Tier 3's.  I wound up applying anyway (to no Tier 3's), and figured if(when) I didn't get in anywhere, Ill retake the LSAT and reapply next year. To my suprise, I got into U of Miami, which is a really good regional Tier 2 apparantly that feeds right into the Miami sector.  So because I took a risk and applied for the hell of it, now I don't have to re take the LSAT ever again, or wait a year to start law school.  I also got waitlisted by a Tier 1 school, but I do not really want to go to that school anymore. If you get below mid 150's though, you're in trouble.  :-[

dude, good for you!

thank you. I am very happy that i decided to take a chance and apply. I am so happy knowing I will go straight into law school without having to take time off.

watso059

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 12:22:48 AM »
I got a 156 on my LSAT, and had a 3.58 LSDAS GPA from Umass. People on here told me I would be lucky to get into some decent Tier 3's.  I wound up applying anyway (to no Tier 3's), and figured if(when) I didn't get in anywhere, Ill retake the LSAT and reapply next year. To my suprise, I got into U of Miami, which is a really good regional Tier 2 apparantly .  So because I took a risk and applied for the hell of it, now I don't have to re take the LSAT ever again, or wait a year to start law school.  I also got waitlisted by a Tier 1 school, but I do not really want to go to that school anymore. If you get below mid 150's though, you're in trouble:-[

I made a 153 and also got into Miami. If GPA and other things are strong enough, you may can overcome a lower LSAT. So, I would apply anyways, even if a little low...you never know what will happen!  ;D
Yay (In): Samford, Stetson, Mercer, Miami, LSU$, South Texas$$, Jones$$, Barry$$, Cooley$$$
Boo (Dings): Tulane, UGA

Considering: Jones$, Cumberland, Mercer
Withdrawn: Barry, STCL, Cooley, LSU, FL Coastal, Miami, Stetson

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=watso059

umass22

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 12:26:30 AM »
I got a 156 on my LSAT, and had a 3.58 LSDAS GPA from Umass. People on here told me I would be lucky to get into some decent Tier 3's.  I wound up applying anyway (to no Tier 3's), and figured if(when) I didn't get in anywhere, Ill retake the LSAT and reapply next year. To my suprise, I got into U of Miami, which is a really good regional Tier 2 apparantly .  So because I took a risk and applied for the hell of it, now I don't have to re take the LSAT ever again, or wait a year to start law school.  I also got waitlisted by a Tier 1 school, but I do not really want to go to that school anymore. If you get below mid 150's though, you're in trouble:-[

I made a 153 and also got into Miami. If GPA and other things are strong enough, you may can overcome a lower LSAT. So, I would apply anyways, even if a little low...you never know what will happen!  ;D

ha, well you had a 4.0 GPA.  :D Do you think with a 3.5 something GPA, I could have gotten into Miami with a 153?

Navygirl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 01:20:23 AM »

On the flip side of that, I got a 158 and got waitlisted at Miami.  Of course, I applied late (at the deadline) to all the schools I applied to (which I know limited my chances to some schools).  But...like you guys, I also got into T2 schools...Georgia State and Penn State.

And I'm SO glad I decided to go for it and apply instead of sitting a year out and going through it all again next year!
LSAT: 158

Attending:  Georgia State

watso059

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2007, 01:01:04 PM »

ha, well you had a 4.0 GPA.  :D Do you think with a 3.5 something GPA, I could have gotten into Miami with a 153?

If you guys felt like you could have done better, in addition to a 4.0 and getting into 4 T2's would you retake or would you attend one of those schools? To be honest, I am leaning towards just attending and not wasting a year since I got into some good schools, but I have that sliver of doubt (or pride maybe) that this was the best that I could do; that I could do better.
Yay (In): Samford, Stetson, Mercer, Miami, LSU$, South Texas$$, Jones$$, Barry$$, Cooley$$$
Boo (Dings): Tulane, UGA

Considering: Jones$, Cumberland, Mercer
Withdrawn: Barry, STCL, Cooley, LSU, FL Coastal, Miami, Stetson

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=watso059

umass22

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2007, 01:51:00 PM »

i know i could do better, but it seems like doing only marginally better would just get me into a higher ranked regional school, which might make no difference. Plus since I really do want to work in Miami, it doesn't make sense for me to go to a regional school not in Miami. To do good enough to get into a igh ranked Tier 1, im not sure I can do that well. So that's why I really don't care about re-taking it.

If you guys felt like you could have done better, in addition to a 4.0 and getting into 4 T2's would you retake or would you attend one of those schools? To be honest, I am leaning towards just attending and not wasting a year since I got into some good schools, but I have that sliver of doubt (or pride maybe) that I could do better.

Big Slick

• Sr. Citizen
  • All in B!tches
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2007, 09:07:48 AM »
My 157 got me into several T2s (some PT though).  Not URM, not much soft factor other than work experience, and I am an immigrant.

I applied super early though.  most of my apps were done by October.

umass22

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2007, 03:25:07 PM »
My 157 got me into several T2s (some PT though).  Not URM, not much soft factor other than work experience, and I am an immigrant.

I applied super early though.  most of my apps were done by October.

good for you. I've actually been rejected or waitlisted by all the T2's I applied to (Except Miami). I guess that's what happens when you apply mid January with a low lsat.   :-\