Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: GPA  (Read 856 times)

hmm

• View Profile
    • LSN
Re: GPA
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2007, 06:26:12 PM »
My understanding is that Kaplan has people teaching who have never actually taken an actual LSAT. No doubt some Kaplan instructors are very good, but given a choice between Kaplan and PS/TM, I would still say the safest bet would be to choose one of the latter.

Ravynous Elegance

• Sr. Citizen
  • aw the baby bunt! too bad he got big.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2007, 06:27:38 PM »
My understanding is that Kaplan has people teaching who have never actually taken an actual LSAT. No doubt some Kaplan instructors are very good, but given a choice between Kaplan and PS/TM, I would still say the safest bet would be to choose one of the latter.

That definitely isnt true at my testing center. In NYC i think you can take an LSAT proctored by Kaplan and if you score high enough then you can teach... but in CT you definitely have to have taken the LSAT.
Vanderbilt University School of Law 2010

iscoredawaitlist

• Sr. Citizen
  • The beagle puppy of anticipation
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2007, 06:28:33 PM »

that isn't true. you have to get above the 90th percentile in the test you're teaching. i can't speak to the quality of any of the programs as I didn't study for any of the tests (although I recently bought the powerscore books to study for the June LSAT).

hmm

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2007, 06:34:37 PM »

that isn't true. you have to get above the 90th percentile in the test you're teaching. i can't speak to the quality of any of the programs as I didn't study for any of the tests (although I recently bought the powerscore books to study for the June LSAT).

Alright. I guess I stand corrected.

sahrunner86

• AOL Instant Messenger - SAHRunner86
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2007, 08:41:29 PM »
thanks for the updates on the test prep services.. im not in NY quite yet...lol.. im finishing my BA in Mississippi (of all places).. its a big research school... but I want to go to NYC for law school and at least a major city somewhere..im from florida so yeah i know how it is in big cities.. but thanks again for all the info about lsat prep and the gpa addendum!