Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Florida ASW...whos going?  (Read 1319 times)

Booyakasha2

• Sr. Citizen
  • Dig to get jiggy wiv mr. biggy
    • View Profile
University of Florida ASW...whos going?
« on: April 04, 2007, 06:57:01 AM »
I'll be there.  Im pretty excited.  Ive been going back and fourth on whether Id like to go so this 2 day trip should help.  Anyone else going?  Im coming from the east coast so looking forward to shorts weather.

Gluck finding a decent place to stay, a lot of places are booked up for orange and blue.  Also...flights to Gainesville are expensive....
Princeton Law 2010

Booyakasha2

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: University of Florida ASW...whos going?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 06:26:26 PM »
bizzity biizzzump
Princeton Law 2010

Booyakasha2

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 02:47:44 PM »
This Friday!...also anyone going to the Dean's dinner afterwards?
Princeton Law 2010

K-Bomb

• Sr. Citizen
  • You = Gatorbait.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 04:02:14 PM »
I would be going, but I'm stuck up in DC.  I guess I'll have to just wait until the orientation in the fall.

See you there!

Facebook: Kevin Combest

Us newbies have to stay together.

Booyakasha2

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 04:57:26 PM »
Yea, im not 100% set on UF though.  Much of the decision will be on cost (how certain it is that I will be able to get in state and other financial aid at UF) and on offers from other schools.
Princeton Law 2010

ksigman123

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 01:36:51 AM »
I went to the one in Febuary...the school seemed pretty nice to the prospects and was very enthusiastic for its future prospects...

I wonder if the latest US News ranking will temper their discussions this time...oh well...I'll be there in fall

Floridaman

• Oy Oy OY
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weezermanmh
    • View Profile
    • My LSN Account
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 11:26:01 PM »
I'll be there on Friday, and for the Spring Game on Saturday....
Both should be good times
Applied to: Florida, Mercer, Ole Miss

I'm almost certain I'm going to UF w00t

Booyakasha2

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2007, 12:15:24 PM »
yea i had a hell of a time trying to find a decent hotel room because of this "orange and blue??" event.  good timing.
Princeton Law 2010

ego_trip

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2007, 11:57:14 PM »
So how did it go today?

Booyakasha2

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2007, 09:45:45 AM »
Well im still in Gainsville, ill be leaving soon so im going to be brief.  My feet are killing me due to wearing dress shoes all day and walking everywhere.  I should have brought some tennis shoes or sandals.

Anyway...the weather was amazing....80's and about 50% humidity - not enough fot it to matter.  In terms of the law school, i was impressed with the facilities.  Its amazing what a little bit of open space and natural lighting can do for a library.  The library was deff one of the nicer parts of the school itself.  The faculty seemed very nice and approachable.  One guy came up to us and started talking to us about out coming choices.  I thought he was a 2/3l or something but realized from his name tag color that he was a professor (taught estates/tax?).  But yea he was very cool and very straight forward.  He thought that he was a believer in (going to the best school you get into - you can pay off the debt in a few years after you graduate.  In essence he was tacitly telling me not to go to Florida - but he followed up by reminding us that UF was great in the southeast and in Florida for sure.  The student group was dominated by UF and Florida residents in general of course.  I sensed a little bit of the undergrad atmosphere there, but it wasnt too bad.

One of the most interesting things was the mention that the median salary stats from the most recent class was up buy 10K.  I asked later what the 25/75 was, but she said that wasnt known yet.  They also mentioned how Atlanta and DC were the top 2 places grads went outside of Fl., but of coure i think this was a bit misleading.  If you do a martindale search, there are only 60 some in DC but more (200 +) in Atalanta.  So while those two cities may be the two places grads who go out of state place in - in the end it is only a testement to how most do end up in Florida (for better or worse).  Bottom line being, dont expect it to be easy to place outside of the state.

If ya got any questions, ask away.
Princeton Law 2010