Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Permanent resident  (Read 1307 times)

papercranes

• Sr. Citizen
  • Beer Lao. Why did I leave and come to law school?
    • View Profile
Permanent resident
« on: April 04, 2007, 01:23:34 AM »
university of southern california 2011

formerapplicant

• View Profile
Re: Permanent resident
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 07:03:19 AM »
For almost every circumstance relating to post-secondary schools--including, happily for you, federal funding--being a "lawful permanent resident" is as good as citizenship.  Many forms will actually ask you if you're a citizen or lawful permanent resident.

You most likely (can't speak from experience, double-check it yourself) aren't "international" because the school doesn't need to worry about a student visa for you.

formerapplicant

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 06:47:39 PM »
Fine idea, points even more to not needing to worry about being "international."

radar1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 09:37:00 AM »
Also, when getting my LSAC profile together I used my (american) SSN instead of my (canadian) Social Insurance Number (SIN). Good idea? bad idea? doesn't make a difference?

Just be VERY careful to be consistent with what "social" number you use on your applications.

I had some of my applications held up two months because my LSAC account is under my Canadian SIN#, and I used my US SSN on my applications. Dumb, I know... But I didn't know that it was what the schools used to track your application.

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
  • Happy birthday goalie!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 09:24:45 PM »
Basically, you're a Cali resident, and want to be treated as such.  Use that to your advantage -- get the cheap tuition, etc.
J, if you didn't bring enough penis for everyone, you shouldn't have brought any penis at all.