Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: In at Harvard!!!  (Read 702 times)

sk

• Sr. Citizen
  • Not as scary as it looks!
    • View Profile
    • Email
In at Harvard!!!
« on: April 04, 2007, 01:05:49 AM »
A few days ago I received this email:

The Harvard Law School Admissions Committee has reviewed and re-reviewed your file. At this time, we cordially extend an offer for you to enter the J.D. program at Harvard Law School.

Harvard Law School (HLS) provides unmatched opportunities to study law and related disciplines in a rigorous, collaborative environment. Harvard's remarkable scope generates enormous vitality - an unparalleled breadth and depth of courses and clinics, a wide array of research programs, a diverse student body drawn from across the nation and around the world, and an extensive network of distinguished alumni. Harvard University's extraordinary resources are available to law students through joint degree programs, cross-registration, and a variety of social and cultural venues.

Upon considering our program for exploring the expansive educational and professional opportunities available to HLS J.D. students, we hope that you will informally accept this offer via e-mail, and formal accept the hard copy of this offer sent to you in the mail.

Sincerely,
Harvard Law School Admissions Committee.
------------------------------------------------

Notice that my name does not appear anywhere in the email, and the sender is listed at harvard.law.admiss@gmail.com. But the funniest thing about this is that I didn't even apply to HLS!

Has this happened to anyone else, or am I the luckiest person in the world?
"buffoons don't clerk for federal judges!"

--LSN--

Kirk Lazarus

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm a lead farmer, mofo
    • View Profile
Re: In at Harvard!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 01:06:58 AM »
you probably received it on April 1st by one of your friends.
YLS c/o 2009

sk

• Sr. Citizen
  • Not as scary as it looks!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 01:11:32 AM »
you probably received it on April 1st by one of your friends.

Actually, I just looked, and you're absolutely right! What's weird is that it was sent to an email no one I can think of knows - neither my official school email nor the gmail account I use for LSD. Weird weird stuff...
"buffoons don't clerk for federal judges!"

--LSN--

Gopherit

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 03:30:44 AM »
UMN '10

Geo_Storm

• Sr. Citizen
  • I just parked it under tree. I didn't drive in
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2007, 09:09:11 AM »
I think Hank Rearden got the same e-mail. Joke from a friend. :-\

admit it, it was you. Or at least you used a middleman/woman such that Hank got the email.

You deserve a pat on the back for it. Go ahead and treat yourself to Haagen Daas.
THE LSN is here. PLZ post on my LSN profile.

I wish I had more fingers to cross.