Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Offered Wait List at U Texas  (Read 420 times)

lawxtina

• AOL Instant Messenger - sweetxtina03
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace Page
    • Email
Offered Wait List at U Texas
« on: April 03, 2007, 11:41:40 PM »
I accepted the offer to be placed on their Fall 2007 waiting list. This means I may have to wait until the summer to find out for sure. Is being on the waiting list a good thing? Is everyone offered a spot on this list? Any advice?
152/3.78

Texas Tech School of Law 1L

mathlete

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Offered Wait List at U Texas
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 11:45:33 PM »
a) Better than being rejected, worse than being accepted
b) No
c) Assume you got rejected and make your decisions from that standpoint. Also, send in some letters of continued interest.

lawxtina

• AOL Instant Messenger - sweetxtina03
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace Page
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 11:48:03 PM »
Thanks so much! I think I will work on those letters ASAP..I don't want to seem desperate though...or obnoxious. I think I'll send the first letter in late May..think that would be ok? I wonder what I should mention in these letters of interest that I have not already mentioned in my application/resume/personal statement...
152/3.78

Texas Tech School of Law 1L

mathlete

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 12:53:30 AM »
I'd send one now and then one every 3-4 weeks, try to time one right around when they will make decisions.

What I like to do for each letter is expand on something in my application. A good start with why you want to go to that school. Or, focus on X quality of yours and why it makes you a good candidate. Update them on anything new you've gotten/done since your last application. Also, feel free to send in one extra LOR if you can scrounge one up. And of course, updated transcripts. The letters should be around 1 page long.