Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone gotten Dinged from U Texas?  (Read 4871 times)

lawxtina

• AOL Instant Messenger - sweetxtina03
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace Page
    • Email
Anyone gotten Dinged from U Texas?
« on: April 03, 2007, 10:54:12 PM »
Hey guys I am waiting to hear from UT...and I want to know what my chances are of getting in...If you got dinged from there let me know...and if you want, please provide LSAT, GPA, and whether youre in or out of state...I'm an in-stater with a high GPA and average LSAT...I would love to hear from ya'll!
152/3.78

Texas Tech School of Law 1L

Myshkin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone gotten Dinged from U Texas?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 11:08:09 PM »
Hey guys I am waiting to hear from UT...and I want to know what my chances are of getting in...If you got dinged from there let me know...and if you want, please provide LSAT, GPA, and whether youre in or out of state...I'm an in-stater with a high GPA and average LSAT...I would love to hear from ya'll!

It depends on what you mean by 'average.'  If you mean you got a 166 and you have a 4.0 GPA from a good school, impressive recommendations, a strong resume, and a stronger personal statement, are an URM then you probably have a shot.  However, at this point in the game the chances of getting an acceptance drop with every day.  If you're a non-URM and under a 165, and have high grades it probably doesn't matter.  You're dinged.  You're letter is just in a very big pile of other letters that are waiting to get mailed.

High GPAs do not set you apart in the law school admissions process.  They are a dime a dozen.  There are smart kids at all of the thousands of colleges and universities in the land.  Top LSAT scores are few and far between.

ElectricalStorm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 11:27:13 PM »
I don't remember when I got my letter, but don't lose heart based on those numbers...I'm at UT and I'm not a URM or had that high of a GPA. Good luck!
UT 1L

lawxtina

• AOL Instant Messenger - sweetxtina03
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace Page
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 11:40:08 PM »
LOL..i think I spoke too soon. I just received an email from UT regarding my status. I have been offered a waiting list spot. I really do not know what that means. All it told me was that if people do not place their deposit or choose not to attend UT after all, I will be considered for Fall 2007. But it stated that I may have to wait until August to find out whether I will be in or not for sure. SO what does this all mean? Is waiting list good? Is everyone offered a spot on the waiting list? SOMEONE HELP!!!
152/3.78

Texas Tech School of Law 1L

ElectricalStorm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2007, 01:02:18 AM »
Not everyone is offered a spot on the waiting list, so it just means as you said - if they end up with room in the entering class they will start offering admission to people based on some sort of order they've drawn up.
UT 1L

ChiSox07

• View Profile
    • LSN Site
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 12:33:37 PM »
My status said "Application Denied," so in answer to your question, not everyone is offered a spot on the waiting list.
Boston College 2010!

Staying on WL at UIUC and ND

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=DaveFox05

mm1405

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008, 08:45:32 AM »
Got my denial letter yesterday :( Really bummed... was hoping to stay in Austin and avoid moving! I had a 158/3.8, Master's degree in Legal Studies... etc etc.
158/3.84, Master's Degree, Paralegal for 1 year

IN: Baylor (Spring 09), Penn State Dickinson,
OUT: UT
WL/WD: Temple, Rutgers-Camden
Pending: Houston, SMU