Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Fordham 1st choice, then Cardozo, considering my #s what would you suggest between Cardozo and NYLS?

Brooklyn Law - FT
 9 (60%)
Seton Hall - FT
 1 (6.7%)
Brooklyn Law - PT
 2 (13.3%)
Seton Hall - PT
 3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: April 16, 2007, 11:02:12 PM

Author Topic: New York Law School... NYC law schools  (Read 7237 times)

sahrunner86

• AOL Instant Messenger - SAHRunner86
    • View Profile
Re: New York Law School... NYC law schools
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2007, 10:20:31 PM »
I will fully consider everyones opinions and the clarification on geography.

sahrunner86

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2007, 10:30:20 PM »
to add another possibility... what are your thoughts on Syracuse law & placement in NYC after graduation?

Boyce Baylor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2007, 10:35:36 PM »
Syracuse has dropped out of T2, but it is a venerable old institution with a strong alumae network. If you can get into Cardozo or Brooklyn, more power to you. If not, I would choose 'Cuse over NYLS in a heartbeat.

sahrunner86

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2007, 10:47:30 PM »
Syracuse has dropped out of T2, but it is a venerable old institution with a strong alumae network. If you can get into Cardozo or Brooklyn, more power to you. If not, I would choose 'Cuse over NYLS in a heartbeat.

'cuse over seton hall?

Boyce Baylor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2007, 10:55:29 PM »
certainly unless you're particularly fond of seton hall, or desperate to take weekend trips to new york. Syracuse is one of those schools where the ranking is not that important. I'm not saying all your dreams will automatically come true if you go there, but it has been around long enough that there are heavy-hitters all over who graduated from there.

sahrunner86

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2007, 11:06:40 PM »
yeah, i think i like syracuse a bit as well. And im interested in the masters in public administration and they have a joint degree there in that. Plus weekend trips might not be out of question even from syracuse. I dont mind seton hall either tho, and i have family in jersey too. I think theres some options there.

notengoplata

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2007, 11:28:04 PM »
Syracuse is a good 5 or 6 hours from NYC.

Just the fact that you want to make "weekend trips" there tells me you are completely obsessed with the social scene there and don't really care about getting a quality legal eduction. Have fun.

Seton Hall is great for NYC - So is Syracuse. But if you are gonna go to school in Newark, NJ - go to Rutgers. It's significantly cheaper, has a gigantic alumni base - and a fantasttic reputation both in and out of the legal field.
You still have not told me the number of reasons your not interested in applying to Rutgers-Newark.

Journeyman

• Sr. Citizen
  • The road to life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2007, 11:30:11 PM »
This post has gotten out of hand..

Have you SEEN the price tag for Syracuse.  Syracuse is now going to cost you what schools like Fordham and GW are running for...excuse me, when did Syracuse get into the top 25?!

Seton Hall and not Rutgers-Newark.  Boy I wish I had that kind of money to throw around.

This thread is offically a flame to me.
IU-B '10

Journeyman, I am dumbfounded as to how you got into IU and W&L with your numbers. 155 LSAT and you applied to Vanderbilt? Honestly?

keelee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2007, 11:36:35 PM »
LOL! "Weekend trips" to Manhattan from Syracuse when you are in law school? Haha.
Going to as of now...USC or Fordham.

sahrunner86

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2007, 12:31:49 AM »
um, yeah I do care about getting a quality legal education...otherwise why would i bother even looking into it at all? If I were that careless I wouldnt be even looking at this site. I've already looked at princeton review, lsac, us news, NALP, and looked at apartment costs and area maps, I've got the law school bulletins, I've talked with alumni, etc. The only thing I havent done is actually gone to the area and toured the schools.

yeah, of course the social attraction to the city is great. But there are many educational/practical benefits to new york that I'm equally or more concerned with.

Syracuse is an option, so is seton hall, and in my opinion if fordham, brooklyn, or cardozo dont work out I think those are decent options.