Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: New York Law School??  (Read 4356 times)

nycesq2005

• AOL Instant Messenger - NYCESQ2005
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: New York Law School??
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2007, 12:48:56 PM »
Well if NYLS is intentionally not including salaries to bump up their median salary, then that's a new level of toilet school fraud.

That's exactly what we are saying. Theres a whole debate right now going on about how BLS reported their median salary is $ 112K. I've been out of Bklyn for a while now and let me tell you - I can count on my FINGERS the number of classmates who making over 100K right now. The ones who are are usually in big firms (which meant they were at least top 25% of their class) or lawyers who started out in small-law and lateralled to mid-law after practicing for 3-5 years.

See: http://brooklawsucks.googlepages.com - thats probably an extreme example but I think the statistics put out by USNEWS and the law schools are full of *&^%. I really do, and its sad how so many incoming 1L's see these high numbers and wrongfully assume they will be the ones making those salaries..when only a small minority actually do.

ě

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
Re: New York Law School??
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2007, 01:28:01 PM »
That's exactly what we are saying. Theres a whole debate right now going on about how BLS reported their median salary is $ 112K. I've been out of Bklyn for a while now and let me tell you - I can count on my FINGERS the number of classmates who making over 100K right now. The ones who are are usually in big firms (which meant they were at least top 25% of their class) or lawyers who started out in small-law and lateralled to mid-law after practicing for 3-5 years.

Man, you must have shitloads of fingers