Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Just got a call from USD  (Read 776 times)

iSalute

• Sr. Citizen
  • Freedom don't come free
    • View Profile
    • Check us out...
Just got a call from USD
« on: April 03, 2007, 06:12:57 PM »
I just got a call from the assistant dean at USD, and I am in! Whooly cow, I am excited!

I will be attending the evening program come fall.

Who is with me!??!
The University of San Diego c/o 2011.

http://themeaningofmadness.blogspot.com/

lawbiz007

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Just got a call from USD
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 10:46:44 PM »
congrats
when did you go complete? What were your lsat and gpa #s

iSalute

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Check us out...
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 11:01:23 PM »
congrats
when did you go complete? What were your lsat and gpa #s

Never got a complete notice, but I sent my app in September. I'll PM you my numbers.

Matokah

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ice? In Sacramento? Hmm. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 11:05:43 PM »
Congrats!!  They're the only school I have yet to hear from.  Ah well.  Too late, because I already sent in a deposit to Pacific.  This is the second year they've not gotten back to me before April deposit deadlines.  They must not like me. ;)

My little brother's down there for undergrad and loves it.  Congrats again!
University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law 2010!!

(LSN)

iSalute

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Check us out...
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 11:20:40 PM »
Congrats!!  They're the only school I have yet to hear from.  Ah well.  Too late, because I already sent in a deposit to Pacific.  This is the second year they've not gotten back to me before April deposit deadlines.  They must not like me. ;)

Matokah, we need you at USD. Hold out for us!!!!

Roman815

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2007, 01:11:00 AM »

They haven't gotten back to me either. Looks like I might be at McGeorge this fall as well. USD is losing prospective students. Seems like they didn't want us anyway. I guess my 161 LSAT is too low for them.
University of San Diego School of Law Class of 2010!

LSN

Matokah

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ice? In Sacramento? Hmm. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2007, 01:20:43 AM »

Matokah, we need you at USD. Hold out for us!!!!

LMAO!  Not with their 37K/year tuition, though!  They'd have to offer me at least 20K/year in scholarships for me to even consider them.  I doubt that'll happen anytime soon.  :D

Plus, part of me likes the feel of Northern California better.  It's more like the Midwest and feels like home already.

Roman: That surprises me that you haven't heard.  They seem to scoop up the 160+ LSAT people right away.  Seriously, though, last year I applied in mid-October and got my first notice ever from them (a rejection) in June of the following year.  Every time I called, they refused to even answer my question as to whether or not they received my application.  Heck, I even visited, and they treated me rather rudely.  Not to say that the entire school is a reflection of the administration (because I don't think it is), but I find it difficult to believe it took nearly 9 months to decide I was rejection material.  I would withdraw right now, but I feel I paid to get that rejection, and darnit, I'm going to wait until I get it! 

(just hope it gets here before I move away. . .wouldn't it be a hoot if I got my rejection letter forwarded to me in Sacramento?  ;D)
University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law 2010!!

(LSN)

sno

• Sr. Citizen
  • run from this law bitches
    • AOL Instant Messenger - snobord99999
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2007, 02:24:55 AM »
Congrats dood. Will see you in the Fall. Don't forget to try to mingle with some of the day kids cuz, well, let's face it, we're more fun than the evening kids  :P ;D.
usd class of '09!

harold: what happened to my car?
nph: i left some loves stains in the back seat

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=snobord99

iSalute

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Check us out...
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2007, 03:14:41 AM »
Congrats dood. Will see you in the Fall. Don't forget to try to mingle with some of the day kids cuz, well, let's face it, we're more fun than the evening kids  :P ;D.

I'll do what I can to mingle with the cool kids. If I didn't have to work then full-time would have been nice. I am pretty darn excited about it all.

Quick question, how is the gym there? I never was able to go check it out, and that is a part of the campus I like to spend time at.

Yankees Fan

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ask+me
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2007, 09:44:18 AM »

I'll do what I can to mingle with the cool kids. If I didn't have to work then full-time would have been nice. I am pretty darn excited about it all.

Quick question, how is the gym there? I never was able to go check it out, and that is a part of the campus I like to spend time at.

Wait a second, you weren't mocking me the other week when I said I thought the gym building was really nice? 

It's actually pretty damn nice from what I saw.  I just peeked in, but I was happy enough with it.  Probably the smallest campus gym I've seen, but USD itself is rather small in comparison to the other schools' gyms I've seen.  I plan to make good use of it...

EDIT:  Here are some pics --> http://www.sandiego.edu/jennycraigpavilion/gallery/mcnamarafitnessroom.php
USD 2010