Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: ASW University of Florida...whos going?  (Read 288 times)

Booyakasha2

• Sr. Citizen
  • Dig to get jiggy wiv mr. biggy
    • View Profile
ASW University of Florida...whos going?
« on: April 03, 2007, 06:10:33 PM »
Im on the fence about whether i want to move to Florida from the east coast so i thought that the only good way to settle it was to visit.  So I bought the ticket and everything but I CANT find ANY halfway decent hotels to stay in besides some really shady looking places.  Good idea to have the ASW on Orange and Blue (every hotel told me they were booked due to this.)  Crap.

So whos going?
Princeton Law 2010

juliemccoy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Treat??
    • View Profile
Re: ASW University of Florida...whos going?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 02:19:11 PM »
I can't go-- I have a wedding this weekend. So I came in this week and toured the school yesterday and decided that it's UF for me! I liked the tour and and felt like Gainesville would be a good place for me to spend the next 3 years.
Vanderbilt 2010

Booyakasha2

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 02:31:55 PM »
Only thing that has be concerned is the median salary figures.   Im sure the campus will be appealing but as an out of stater, (at least the first year) the debt (my personal debt, not the schools which is skewed by the high level of in-staters):median salary ratio will be troubling.
Princeton Law 2010

jhrace2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 09:40:26 PM »
I live in Gainesville currently ... where were you looking at that seemed shady?

The most common place is the Holiday Inn on 13th St. and University Avenue.  There are a number of places near I-75 that aren't close, but are nicer and (I believe) a better bang-for-the-buck.

If you could drop some names, I could give you an idea of how they actually are.

Booyakasha2

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 10:03:38 PM »
i am writing this in a motel off of 13th right now...it does have internet though.  Id be out in gainesvilles, but im chilling instead cause im an idiot and decided to wear my nice dress shoes today.  Didnt realize how much walking id be doing and my feet may need to be amputated now. I am seriously crying when i walk around...i must have seemed stranged when i grimiced with each step i took.
Princeton Law 2010