Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: BUSL Class of 2010!!!!  (Read 3965 times)

Jets

• Sr. Citizen
  • At least the Pats missed the playoffs...
    • View Profile
BUSL Class of 2010!!!!
« on: April 02, 2007, 07:24:10 PM »
It's practically official for me. A lot of things would have to change for me to change my decision...basically an acceptance off the WL. Barring any craziness, I'll be at BU next year and I'm very, very excited about it. Who's with me!?

simplencmplex

• View Profile
Re: BUSL Class of 2010!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 07:50:24 PM »
I will 95% be attending BU (depending if I get into my remaining super reaches...but I'm very doubtful). I'm going to send in my deposit sometime this week.

ivy08

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 07:54:49 PM »
how disappointing it must be to go through the whole arduous process of applying to law school, only to come up just short of the t-14. all that hope was in vain...you have failed at life

Jets

• Sr. Citizen
  • At least the Pats missed the playoffs...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 08:01:42 PM »
how disappointing it must be to go through the whole arduous process of applying to law school, only to come up just short of the t-14. all that hope was in vain...you have failed at life

I don't take your post seriously, but I'll give it a serious reply because I'm bored:

I do not believe that where I go to school defines who I am. My purpose in attending law school is purely pragmatic and relates to my goals; the school I will ultimately go to fits these set of goals. I know I will get a job out of BU, and I know it will be a good one. I don't know what I want to do immediately out of law school, but I do have long term ambitions that are -- in many ways -- attainable.

I think it's sad that you (maybe) feel the way you do. For one, it's presumptuous. Above all, though, it's foolish -- at least for me, I guess. Failure, I suppose, is relative and if you choose to define it in that way then I just guess I'm glad that we won't be classmates next year. I'm also glad that I'll be infinitely more successful than you assuming you continue to berate people on the internet to boost your own weak ego, because my definition of success includes decency, respect and tact.

MelissaEM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 08:02:41 PM »
First post. I am most probably going to be attending BUSL.  Exciting!

ButImAGilmore

• Sr. Citizen
  • Fight On!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 08:06:18 PM »
I was all set to be joining you... but then craziness happened! I hope you all enjoy BU next year!
A baby Trojan is born...

USC 2010!

simplencmplex

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 12:30:31 AM »
I didn't sound so enthusiatic in my first post, but I'm really looking forward to BU! Sure it's not a T-14, but I love its location and its programs (especially its concentration in health law). It's disappointing to see people wanting to put down other schools simply because it's not in the "top-14" of the US NEWS rankings. BU was actually one of my top choices during the very beginning of my cycle (perhaps to some people BU is too low of a top choice but whatever) ;D

iscoredawaitlist

• Sr. Citizen
  • The beagle puppy of anticipation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2007, 12:36:44 AM »
for a year at least BU gets to claim it's a top 20 school as well! Anyway, congratulations to everyone going there. And don't feed the troll.

goosenesque

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2007, 01:02:27 AM »
It's practically official for me. A lot of things would have to change for me to change my decision...basically an acceptance off the WL. Barring any craziness, I'll be at BU next year and I'm very, very excited about it. Who's with me!?

Does UNC's recent drop in the rankings have anything to do with this, or were you set on BU over UNC anyway?

finleyite

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2007, 02:32:14 AM »
I'm there next year also because Boston is gonna be a sweet place to live for at least 3 years and I'm too stupid / unlucky on my LSAT to get into Harvard.  Seriously though, I am looking forward to a more laid back law school experience and I can't wait to love all of my professors for a change.  It's gonna be a great 3/ or 3 1/2 years (tax LLM or not), see you all there!