Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: help me choose a new baseball team to cheer for.  (Read 697 times)

h2xblive

Re: help me choose a new baseball team to cheer for.
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2007, 11:44:18 PM »
The AL isn't real baseball, but that's just me.  However, if you really want to pick an AL team, pick the A's.  They don't spend huge amounts of money and know how to spot and develop talent with their farm system.  Too bad a few other teams don't do that... ::)

Navygirl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2007, 11:51:26 PM »
Pick the Padres!  My poor Pads...they have great fans (around in the good and the bad) and one of the pitchers is someone I know--he's a great guy, and the team has had their share of bad luck.  They could use the support!!  Plus, San Diego is a pretty awesome city. :)  Just my 2 cents!
LSAT: 158

Attending:  Georgia State

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2007, 11:53:26 PM »
The AL isn't real baseball, but that's just me.  However, if you really want to pick an AL team, pick the A's.  They don't spend huge amounts of money and know how to spot and develop talent with their farm system.  Too bad a few other teams don't do that... ::)

GRUMBLE GRUMBLE...

BUT IF THE AL DIDN'T HAVE A DH, BIG PAPI WOULD BE UNEMPLOYED...

Actually, I hate the DH, the Central Division, and interleague play.

I also hate the All-Star game determining home-field for the World Series (the AL is going to have it every damned year...

Basically I hate Bud Selig

Also, I hate the existence of all of the Selig-era expansion teams.
VIP.

whateverlady5555

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2007, 12:24:11 AM »

GRUMBLE GRUMBLE...

BUT IF THE AL DIDN'T HAVE A DH, BIG PAPI WOULD BE UNEMPLOYED...

Actually, I hate the DH, the Central Division, and interleague play.

I also hate the All-Star game determining home-field for the World Series (the AL is going to have it every damned year...

Basically I hate Bud Selig

Also, I hate the existence of all of the Selig-era expansion teams.

TITCR.

I have high hopes for my fantasy team. I got Pull-holes. I will probably lose interest 2/3's of the way through the season as usual though. I get annoying trying to keep up with all of the pitchers.