Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Still Undecided?!  (Read 1237 times)

Boyce Baylor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Still Undecided?!
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2007, 08:43:40 PM »
Yeah man, what a panic of a two weeks this is fixing to be. I don't want to be that guy, but I think I might send in multiple deposits.

littlemisssunshine

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2007, 10:50:03 PM »
Just like many things in life, it is so easy to figure out what I don't want to do (or where I do not want to go) but so much harder to figure out what I want to do (or where I want to go).

Amen! I've withdrawn from so many places, but just can't go the next few inches to a decision....

yeah you have a tough choice.  wustl's money is a lot.  i assume you did your undergrad at michigan?  i graduated there in 05.  but, i don't know about you.  if you lived in the state your whole life...well, i can't imagine staying there for 3 more years.  so for the people saying "go to michigan," i think it's a bit harder than that.  go see the rest of the country!  i would probably lean toward duke.  then again, in-state tuition is also enticing.  tough call really.  i would be freaking out.  haha.

Actually I did my undergrad at State. I just simply dislike Ann Arbor...born and raised green I guess :) But yes I have lived in Michigan my whole life....I don't have anything against the state, but it's a huge hole to put myself in financially especially since I'm considering public interest work.
I am a UMich Law Student..but never a Wolverine :)

undecided07

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2007, 12:46:09 AM »
I'm still undecided, and just have had a third one thrown in to the mix.  Its great to feel wanted, but now I'm almost wishing my field had been cut down further so that I would just be forced to go to one.

I've been talking it over with a lot of my friends and family.... which is both good and bad. Everyone has their own thoughts on where I should go, for reasons based less on science or even feeling than their general perception of where they think I might fit in.  Needless to say, the 3 cities I'm looking at all have points racked up for them.

Like most, I want to say the final decision will come down to money.  But if I don't find out about all the pending scholarship stuff by D-day (deposit day) I might end up being the jerk I didn't want to be by having more than one deposit down.  I would just hate to say no to school, only to get a letter saying they will cover a good part of my tuition afterwards!
~Loyola LA 2010~

Hollywood, sunshine, and a BMW. Who said law school can't be fun?

Navygirl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2007, 09:38:03 PM »
Yeah man, what a panic of a two weeks this is fixing to be. I don't want to be that guy, but I think I might send in multiple deposits.

Ditto.  I still have 7 schools I'm waiting on, and I would probably go to 4 of them over the 2 I've been accepted to...so now I just have to decide between Penn State and Georgia State for which one to put my deposit down on...(leaning towards GSU)--unless I get a miraculous acceptance letter from one of those four other schools in the next week (but then, I'd be putting the deposit down for one of them, and still waiting for the other responses...)

I don't want to be "that guy" (or in my case, that "girl") either...but I don't see any way around it!
LSAT: 158

Attending:  Georgia State

undecided07

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2007, 09:42:37 PM »
I've finally made up my mind.  I'm going to LA.  Loyola Law School it is....

Well, at least for now. Unless some miracle money from Miami jumps into my inbox in the next few days.  Odds of that... heh.
~Loyola LA 2010~

Hollywood, sunshine, and a BMW. Who said law school can't be fun?

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2007, 09:52:31 PM »
Add me to the undecided camp.  I thought I had decided, then my bf just got an interview for a different school.  Hopefully we find out if he's been accepted before deadlines are due...
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn