Law School Discussion

Still Undecided?!

Re: Still Undecided?!
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2007, 03:23:51 PM »
I might just flip a coin.

I don't know anything about you, but it will be a privilege to watch Tim Teebow, the quarterback at UF.  So if you like football, two more years of that guy might just be a factor to consider.

I thought about this.  UF obviously has great sports, great weather, and relatively more attractive people.  Then i slap the sh*t out of myself when i begin to give these variables the same kind of consideration as say median salaries/bar passage rate/etc in where i want to study Law and eventually practice in.   UF's 75th percentile salary of 80g's just aint very appealing.

Hmm...yeah, I hear that, but the way I approach the average salary is, "I'm not average."  I do, however, appear below average, so this could seem confusing, but it's okay.

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2007, 03:50:21 PM »
Just like many things in life, it is so easy to figure out what I don't want to do (or where I do not want to go) but so much harder to figure out what I want to do (or where I want to go).

Amen! I've withdrawn from so many places, but just can't go the next few inches to a decision....

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2007, 03:53:13 PM »
Just like many things in life, it is so easy to figure out what I don't want to do (or where I do not want to go) but so much harder to figure out what I want to do (or where I want to go).

Amen! I've withdrawn from so many places, but just can't go the next few inches to a decision....

Ok, I'll make it for you. Go to the University of Michigan Ann Arbor. Done, now you can relax. :)

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2007, 03:54:47 PM »

Ok, I'll make it for you. Go to the University of Michigan Ann Arbor. Done, now you can relax. :)

Seriously

donvito

• Just drifting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2007, 04:04:01 PM »

I don't know anything about you, but it will be a privilege to watch Tim Teebow, the quarterback at UF.  So if you like football, two more years of that guy might just be a factor to consider.

I thought about this.  UF obviously has great sports, great weather, and relatively more attractive people.  Then i slap the sh*t out of myself when i begin to give these variables the same kind of consideration as say median salaries/bar passage rate/etc in where i want to study Law and eventually practice in.   UF's 75th percentile salary of 80g's just aint very appealing.

what schools are you considering?  we applied to a few of the same ones and i'm considering them.  ive gotten into miami and loyola-chi so far...and i still have to hear from santa clara, cardozo, and wisconsin.  if i were to get into all 5, i'd have a tough decision.

Big Slick

• All in B!tches
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2007, 04:04:23 PM »

Seriously

Only if I had such choice   :-\

donvito

• Just drifting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2007, 04:10:29 PM »

yeah you have a tough choice.  wustl's money is a lot.  i assume you did your undergrad at michigan?  i graduated there in 05.  but, i don't know about you.  if you lived in the state your whole life...well, i can't imagine staying there for 3 more years.  so for the people saying "go to michigan," i think it's a bit harder than that.  go see the rest of the country!  i would probably lean toward duke.  then again, in-state tuition is also enticing.  tough call really.  i would be freaking out.  haha.

Big Slick

• All in B!tches
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2007, 04:17:14 PM »
Hahahaha.  Picking law school is just like picking dinner (this just happened to me)

Wife:  I am going to pick up dinner on the way home, What do you want?
Me:  I dont want Mexican, Italian, I had Chinese for Lunch, we ate Thai yesterday. Dang, I dont know.
Wife:  I have coupon from the BBQ place near the house.
Me:  OK.  We will go with that.

So, I went with cheaper and closer option, and I am leaning toward to cheap in-state school in the city I want to practice in. 

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2007, 04:25:17 PM »

That's a terrible idea.  Go to Duke or Vandy.  (Disclaimer: I'm waitlisted at UMich).

Booyakasha2

• Dig to get jiggy wiv mr. biggy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2007, 04:36:52 PM »

Hmm...yeah, I hear that, but the way I approach the average salary is, "I'm not average."  I do, however, appear below average, so this could seem confusing, but it's okay.

Ive been reminding myself that i will now be surrounded by intelligent people for 3 years instead of the joke that was undergrad so that I wont be shocked to discover that im average.  I dont expect to be in the top whatever and im using a worse case scenerio where ever i may end up.  thats another reason im not too fond of these conditional scholarship offers ive gotten.