Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Still Undecided?!  (Read 1220 times)

littlemisssunshine

• View Profile
Still Undecided?!
« on: April 02, 2007, 01:09:48 PM »
I just wanted to say that it is so comforting to come on this board and see how many people are just as confused as I am over what school they are going to. I don't really have anyone in my life who's in the same situation. I get headaches everyday just thinking about it! So here's to all of you out there who are experiencing this with me.
I am a UMich Law Student..but never a Wolverine :)

ArthurKing

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Still Undecided?!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 01:15:20 PM »
Hang in there - that's what this site is for. I know exactly what you mean. Personally, I have the double pleasure (note the sarcasm) of being both undecided about where I want to go AND still stuck in the decision process of the cycle - I'm pending at 3, waitlisted at 4 (expecting some action off the waitlist) and admitted at 4 ... not to mention I still haven't heard anything from anywhere re: $$$

I know for me personally, it will likely go down to the wire ... that's just how I make decisions. So, in summary: It's okay! There's lots of people (or at least one other ... but I doubt we're alone in this  ;)) who are stuck being undecided!

Navygirl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 02:14:35 PM »
Definitely not alone.  And I'm stuck in the cycle as well.  In at 2, W/L at 2, out at 2 (seeing a pattern??!)  And still haven't heard from 8!!

And...I'm now worried about $$$ as well...b/c I applied so late, and did my taxes so late (just finished my taxes on saturday), I haven't done the FAFSA yet...and the deadline already passed for most of the schools. Ugh. 

LSAT: 158

Attending:  Georgia State

Booyakasha2

• Sr. Citizen
  • Dig to get jiggy wiv mr. biggy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 02:18:19 PM »
I might just flip a coin.
Princeton Law 2010

Soft Factors

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 02:51:46 PM »

I don't know anything about you, but it will be a privilege to watch Tim Teebow, the quarterback at UF.  So if you like football, two more years of that guy might just be a factor to consider.
Hofstra '10

Big Slick

• Sr. Citizen
  • All in B!tches
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 04:05:15 PM »
Just like many things in life, it is so easy to figure out what I don't want to do (or where I do not want to go) but so much harder to figure out what I want to do (or where I want to go).

dhoagie99

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2007, 04:20:46 PM »
Just like many things in life, it is so easy to figure out what I don't want to do (or where I do not want to go) but so much harder to figure out what I want to do (or where I want to go).

I couldn't have said it better myself.  I almost want to let my girlfriend make the decision for me.
Accepted: UWashington, W&L, UNC, Miami ($$), Florida, Temple ($$), Villanova, Seton Hall ($$$), SMU ($$), Baylor ($$$), Penn State
Waitlisted: Penn, Vanderbilt, ND, W&M
Rejected: Cal-Berkeley

Booyakasha2

• Sr. Citizen
  • Dig to get jiggy wiv mr. biggy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2007, 05:11:22 PM »

I don't know anything about you, but it will be a privilege to watch Tim Teebow, the quarterback at UF.  So if you like football, two more years of that guy might just be a factor to consider.

I thought about this.  UF obviously has great sports, great weather, and relatively more attractive people.  Then i slap the *&^% out of myself when i begin to give these variables the same kind of consideration as say median salaries/bar passage rate/etc in where i want to study Law and eventually practice in.   UF's 75th percentile salary of 80g's just aint very appealing.
Princeton Law 2010

Journeyman

• Sr. Citizen
  • The road to life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2007, 05:21:15 PM »

I don't know anything about you, but it will be a privilege to watch Tim Teebow, the quarterback at UF.  So if you like football, two more years of that guy might just be a factor to consider.

I thought about this.  UF obviously has great sports, great weather, and relatively more attractive people.  Then i slap the sh*t out of myself when i begin to give these variables the same kind of consideration as say median salaries/bar passage rate/etc in where i want to study Law and eventually practice in.   UF's 75th percentile salary of 80g's just aint very appealing.

If you work hard, you'll make money wherever you go.  Go the place you think you'll enjoy, because nothing worse than trying work you're *ss off when you're miserable.
IU-B '10

Journeyman, I am dumbfounded as to how you got into IU and W&L with your numbers. 155 LSAT and you applied to Vanderbilt? Honestly?

goosenesque

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2007, 05:26:16 PM »
Uh, it sucks when it's a full 5 months after applying, and you're still not a single inch closer to knowing where you're going.