Law School Discussion

University of Virginia Class of 2010

Re: University of Virginia Class of 2010
« Reply #1320 on: May 18, 2007, 03:08:20 PM »
Yeah.  Dasadder and I just got our offer today.  Phase III, patio (must have for grilling), move-in 3rd week of July.  f-in A.

Have you seen the patios?  if they're like any other apartment, it's only like 2 or 3 feet beyond the door, meaning you'd be grilling directly in front of your door and under the balcony above you.

AlphaBusey

• SOBER:Son Of a B*tch, Everything's Real!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: May 18, 2007, 07:44:46 PM »
Yeah.  Dasadder and I just got our offer today.  Phase III, patio (must have for grilling), move-in 3rd week of July.  f-in A.

Have you seen the patios?  if they're like any other apartment, it's only like 2 or 3 feet beyond the door, meaning you'd be grilling directly in front of your door and under the balcony above you.

Well, I think we're top floor, so no worries about that.  As for the door thing, I'm bringing one of those mini-grills, which we've used about a foot or two outside a door before with little problem.  I think it'll work.  Because I'm not broiling my steaks.  No sir. :P

« Reply #1322 on: May 19, 2007, 05:37:40 AM »
Yeah, I definetely can't wait for cookouts.  Can't broil ribs and chicken. 

But i make one badass london broil though. 

« Reply #1323 on: May 19, 2007, 05:50:39 AM »
With all this talk about housing, I'd just like to remind people that I'm still looking for the ideal housemate  8)  Check back a page or two for all the juicy details (ok, there rather bland, but still...)

« Reply #1324 on: May 19, 2007, 05:56:39 AM »
Speaking of housing, I'd really like my lease seeing as it's been almost 15 business days, though i emailed them and they confirmed i'm still good and they're just backed up.

« Reply #1325 on: May 19, 2007, 06:03:09 AM »
Speaking of housing, I'd really like my lease seeing as it's been almost 15 business days, though i emailed them and they confirmed i'm still good and they're just backed up.

Who are you renting from? I worked in property management locally and am familiar with most of the companies...

« Reply #1326 on: May 19, 2007, 06:06:59 AM »
Ivy.

On a side note, who else is using Bank of America for a loan lender?  Did you all also fill out the applications on the BOA website for the loans or do we hold off on that until UVA does their thing?

« Reply #1327 on: May 19, 2007, 06:16:43 AM »
Ivy.

On a side note, who else is using Bank of America for a loan lender?  Did you all also fill out the applications on the BOA website for the loans or do we hold off on that until UVA does their thing?

I can't lie: I've heard some horror stories over the past year regarding the people in charge of Ivy (I never encountered them professionally). For example, when plowing the parking lot during a snow fall early this year, they piled up snow behind this one gal's car. It was such a huge mound that she couldn't get her car out... for days. She called instantly to complain, but their basic response was that they didn't feel like doing anything about it and that she chose a place within walking distance for a reason (or at least, that's the version she relayed to me).

As for BOA, I use them as my lender, though I can't remember in what order I filled out all the forms last year--I'd shoot them a quick e-mail.

« Reply #1328 on: May 19, 2007, 11:12:36 AM »
So i'm visiting UVa next week. Anything in particular i should look at? The school will probably be closed but i wonder if i could at least see the library.

« Reply #1329 on: May 19, 2007, 11:14:21 AM »
So i'm visiting UVa next week. Anything in particular i should look at? The school will probably be closed but i wonder if i could at least see the library.

The law school is staffed during normal business hours for the entire summer and the library is open as well. Although many students are gone, dozens are in the area working for professors and so the school stays fairly active even during the summer.