Law School Discussion

University of Virginia Class of 2010

AlphaBusey

• SOBER:Son Of a B*tch, Everything's Real!
    • View Profile
Re: University of Virginia Class of 2010
« Reply #1560 on: June 01, 2007, 09:49:59 AM »
i got through the 50 deadlifts and felt pretty tired, only to realize there were 250 more reps to go...i think i was doing 1 rep sets by the end of the whole 300

What's crazy is that only one actor, the guy who leads the Arcadians, completed that workout.  (That wasn't their daily routine, btw, just something they attempted at the end).  But he didn't even look that big, compared to Gerard Butler (Leonidas) or some of the others.  Ah well, CGI can do crazy things.

« Reply #1561 on: June 01, 2007, 10:04:46 PM »
Haha, only one actor (that one) TRIED the workout.  Most of them were stuntmen.

AlphaBusey

• SOBER:Son Of a B*tch, Everything's Real!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: June 04, 2007, 07:02:39 AM »
Haha, only one actor (that one) TRIED the workout.  Most of them were stuntmen.

I thought he actually clocked in at 18 something...  towards the last fourth of the pack or so.  In any case, if I can ever complete that whole thing, I'm going right out and buying two pounds of kobe beef, a bottle of Blue Label and a couple Partagas cigars.  If that's not incentive, I dunno what is.

Also, good morning folks.  Hope everyone had an eventful weekend.

LZ21

• View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: June 04, 2007, 01:44:14 PM »
Ivy is full...does anyone have any suggestions on where to live?

« Reply #1564 on: June 04, 2007, 01:57:33 PM »
Ivy is full...does anyone have any suggestions on where to live?

If you have a car, my friend who is a 2L lives in Turtle Cove (or Creek?).  It's not that long of a drive and somehwere near that complex that has the McD, Old Navy, Whole Foods set up.  She has a really nice 2 bed 2 bath for 830 a month.  She really likes it bc their are families living there too, so she can get away from the ls crowd and the extra stress/drama.

Goodfella

• I get to live the rest of my life like a schnook
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: June 04, 2007, 03:20:50 PM »
It's not like Ivy's a dorm. You can get away from law people if you want even when you do live here. Exiling yourself all the way out to Turtle Creek isn't necessary.

If you want close to the school, anything on Arlington (other than Grad Court, which people hate) or Huntington Village or University Heights is walking distance. If you want to be close to a younger bar scene, try the Corner, if you'd like to be around an older crowd you can live by the mall. If you want cheap there's plenty of stuff that's nice and not really that close to anything like Turtle Creek. You'll have a 15 or 20 minute drive to school and there isn't much else going on in those areas, but you can get cheap stuff.

Brac.com does a good job of showing you your options.

dcarealsattaker

• "The Lidgebreaker"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: June 04, 2007, 05:43:05 PM »
It's not like Ivy's a dorm. You can get away from law people if you want even when you do live here. Exiling yourself all the way out to Turtle Creek isn't necessary.

If you want close to the school, anything on Arlington (other than Grad Court, which people hate) or Huntington Village or University Heights is walking distance. If you want to be close to a younger bar scene, try the Corner, if you'd like to be around an older crowd you can live by the mall. If you want cheap there's plenty of stuff that's nice and not really that close to anything like Turtle Creek. You'll have a 15 or 20 minute drive to school and there isn't much else going on in those areas, but you can get cheap stuff.

Brac.com does a good job of showing you your options.

If you don't mind us old folks, there are a few of us living at North Woods (http://www.northwoodsatfourseasons.com).  Also, check out Hessian Hills and Barracks West.

LZ21

• View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: June 04, 2007, 06:33:00 PM »
Do you guys know anything about the new complex that is opening up at the Corner? I believe it's called the GrandMarc.

dcarealsattaker

• "The Lidgebreaker"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: June 04, 2007, 08:39:00 PM »
I think there's a few people who've discussed it in this thread who are living there.  Otherwise, check the Facebook.  All I know is they don't allow pets, so I didn't give it much thought.  Looked nice though.

Goodfella

• I get to live the rest of my life like a schnook
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: June 05, 2007, 02:37:48 PM »
Other new stuff on the Corner is nice but expensive. So, take that for what it's worth.

Also, there's a CLS v. UVA thread on here. I can't come here while I'm at work so I'm calling Johnny in to troll for UVA.