Law School Discussion

University of Virginia Class of 2010

AlphaBusey

• SOBER:Son Of a B*tch, Everything's Real!
    • View Profile
Re: University of Virginia Class of 2010
« Reply #1520 on: May 30, 2007, 12:50:42 PM »
2 pools. Don't forget about phase I, you jerk. But yeah, over half of 1Ls live in Ivy, so it's a non-stop party.

I would drag out the old "Philly sucks" argument, but you've heard it plenty before. If you went to BC, though, does that mean you're a Boston sports fan? If so, Philly sports is a gigantic downgrade. Philly expects to fail and is cynical/skeptical of any success. Whenever the Eagles do well, he city 100% expects something to go wrong. You don't want to be a part of that, do you? Something to think about. That city will swallow you whole and choke you with misery and despair.

Sorry for no Phase I love.  I thought you were Phase II, though?  Damn, if we're drinking at you're place I'm going to have to take my bike over there :P

But as usual, Johnny makes the right argument:  Drinking and Ultimate >>>>>> Misery and Despair

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• 1/2 of the Golden Couple
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1521 on: May 30, 2007, 12:52:34 PM »
2 pools. Don't forget about phase I, you jerk. But yeah, over half of 1Ls live in Ivy, so it's a non-stop party.

I would drag out the old "Philly sucks" argument, but you've heard it plenty before. If you went to BC, though, does that mean you're a Boston sports fan? If so, Philly sports is a gigantic downgrade. Philly expects to fail and is cynical/skeptical of any success. Whenever the Eagles do well, he city 100% expects something to go wrong. You don't want to be a part of that, do you? Something to think about. That city will swallow you whole and choke you with misery and despair.

Sorry for no Phase I love.  I thought you were Phase II, though?  Damn, if we're drinking at you're place I'm going to have to take my bike over there :P

But as usual, Johnny makes the right argument:  Drinking and Ultimate >>>>>> Misery and Despair

I am Phase II. I'm just not an exclusive a-hole, you exclusive a-hole.

« Reply #1522 on: May 30, 2007, 12:53:01 PM »
dont listen to these fools m1!!!!!!!

one- domus trumps ivy, and while sansom sucks, half the 1ls live there and its close to domus
two- philly is sweet and u know it..dont pass up the cheesesteak district for chalottesville
three- we have a much bigger city to take over and party in..plus nyc, dc, adn the beach all within one to two hours away..so if the partying arg is gonan win you over, penn wins for location..also, byob=clutch
four-umm..our incoming class is hot too damnit!
five-..um ill be there> does that count for anything?

again..go quakers  :D

« Reply #1523 on: May 30, 2007, 12:54:38 PM »
I would say the Cheez-wiz philly "cheese"steak is a minus for Penn, not a plus...ew...

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1524 on: May 30, 2007, 01:03:05 PM »

one- domus trumps ivy, and while sansom sucks, half the 1ls live there and its close to domus
two- philly is sweet and u know it..dont pass up the cheesesteak district for chalottesville
three- we have a much bigger city to take over and party in..plus nyc, dc, adn the beach all within one to two hours away..so if the partying arg is gonan win you over, penn wins for location..also, byob=clutch

1. Fair enough.
2. False. The "whiz-wit'", while delicious, will kill you in 3 weeks.
3. The main selling point of a city should not be "Look how fast and easy you can get out!"
4. Eh.
5. No.

« Reply #1525 on: May 30, 2007, 01:09:59 PM »

1. Fair enough.
3. The main selling point of a city should not be "Look how fast and easy you can get out!"
4. Eh.
5. No.

hey dont hate on penn bc all of uva is headed there!!

lol...oh snap
m1....we cant have a direct telephnoe line from domus to sansom if u go to uva now can we?

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1526 on: May 30, 2007, 01:13:56 PM »

1. Fair enough.
4. Eh.
5. No.

hey dont hate on penn bc all of uva is headed there!!

lol...oh snap
m1....we cant have a direct telephnoe line from domus to sansom if u go to uva now can we?

You guys stole, what, 2 people? I'm not concerned. Also, you should change your mind and come to UVA with m1.

Also, I've accepted that m1 is not, in fact, leaving Penn for UVA. It would be nice, to be sure.

AlphaBusey

• View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: May 30, 2007, 01:23:48 PM »
I'm bored at work, so let me tackle these one by one...

Domus is f-ing incredible.  Of course.  But then again, it still is in Philly.  With Ivy you get non-stop grill-outs and pool parties from late March on.  No having to sneak all the Sansom folks to the Domus pool.  Oh, and good luck chilling outside in Philly in late March.  Hope you brought a parka.  And of course, with the pool, the sun, the weather, I forgot to mention the hot chicks in bikinis.  Silly me.

Philly is where hopes and dreams go to die.  Seriously.  The mayor there for the last eight years wasn't qualified to run a f-in Dairy Queen.  There's crime, there's bums, there's a strange smell permeating the city.  UVA is in Charlottesville.  It's horse country, man.  Lots of sun, cool breezes, gentle rolling hills.  Nothing can beat watching a Virginia sunset from Spies garden, drinking a free cup of expensive microbrew beer on a Thursday evening.

Take over Philly?  You have no chance.  You've got an army of bums, with accompanying diseases, not to mention the 15 bajillion gangs.  Take over?  More like cower in fear from.  And what do most bums bum for?  Beer.  So as you take beer to your hangout location (and if you drink like me, you better be damn strong to lug all that for blocks), you also have to run a bum gauntlet.  No thanks.  UVA was voted the coolest law school in the country.  We are one giant party.  With hot chicks.

It's like comparing a Toyota to a Porsche, imo.

Ehhhh.  But Johnny and I are going to UVA.  And while we're not female, I hear Johnny looks rather good in a dress.  And I'm good at finding free alcohol...  and I'm clutch in a fight.  But that will irrelevant, as we won't have bums/gangs to worry about.  Plus, we've got Febclub and Foxfield.  @#!*, this just isn't even fair.

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1528 on: May 30, 2007, 01:30:27 PM »
Alpha, I've actually never worn a dress before. Women's clothes, sure. Lipstick and makeup, of course. But not a dress.

And you're right, it really isn't fair. There isn't a single thing about Penn that I like more than UVA. This statement, of course, completely ignores the academic side of the equation, but I'm not interested in that part. The purpose of going to law school is to get a job, and since I'll get the exact same job coming out of either one, I'll take the beautiful place with beautiful people over Bumville, population: bums.

AlphaBusey

• View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: May 30, 2007, 01:42:28 PM »
Alpha, I've actually never worn a dress before. Women's clothes, sure. Lipstick and makeup, of course. But not a dress.

And you're right, it really isn't fair. There isn't a single thing about Penn that I like more than UVA. This statement, of course, completely ignores the academic side of the equation, but I'm not interested in that part. The purpose of going to law school is to get a job, and since I'll get the exact same job coming out of either one, I'll take the beautiful place with beautiful people over Bumville, population: bums.

Eh, Johnny in a sun dress.  That'd be, er, fun.

Something else I didn't think of.  Football.  I know you're a BC guy, and I'm a Buckeye, but hell, at least UVA will be comparable.  Brats, waking up to pre-game at 7 AM, endless red solo cups of bad beer...  you know you love it.  Oh, and UVA Basketball >>>> Penn, too.