Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

How many more years until College and Graduate AA programs are scrapped?

1-2 years
2-5 years
5-10 years
10+ years

Author Topic: Poll: How much longer does AA have?  (Read 5248 times)

obamacon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Poll: How much longer does AA have?
« on: April 02, 2007, 01:12:21 AM »
and...go.

Stand under my Umbrella ella ella, aye!!

• Sr. Citizen
  • Exhibiting the discipline necessary for Law School
    • View Profile
Re: Poll: How much longer does AA have?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 09:31:48 AM »
4 years if Obama becomes president

20-30 if Hillary

and 10-15 if Republican
The Tragicomic: Its embodied in the blues, jazz, (HIP HOP, CORNELL <<one slight deserves another!!!!<< REALLY MISSED THE BOAT ON THAT ONE!!!) and the African experience in the New World -- the ability to withstand terrorism, embrace ones worst enemies lovingly and bear the unbearable in song.

CavemanLawyer

• Ladies and gentlemen, I'm just a caveman.
    • View Profile
    • LawSchoolDigits
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 12:44:32 AM »
Affirmative action will not die in the next 10 years, it will take many more years until people realize that affirmative action policies are inherently unjust, if this ever happens.  The problem is the typical interest group problem.  Those who stand to gain the most from certain policies will express their voice the loudest, while the many who will lose from the policies don't protest at all.  Also, the people who support affirmative action policies are the ones who stand to lose the least from them, while they support affirmative action which does damage to the voiceless and powerless. 
100,000 years ago, a caveman was out hunting on the frozen wastes when he slipped and fell into a crevasse. In 1988, he was discovered by some scientists and thawed out. He then went to law school and became.. Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer. http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=CavemanLawyer

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2007, 04:43:38 PM »
Things like welfare and medicare benefit mostly poor white people.  come on man.

There are more whites living below the poverty level than blacks, so that make sense.  Don't try and make it sound like whites (overall) benefit more from welfare programs than blacks (overall). 

leostrauss

• Sr. Citizen
  • The silence of a wise man is always meaningful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2007, 05:58:08 PM »
The number users of food stamps are white farmers
no bloody or unbloody change of society can eradicate the evil in man: as long as there will be men, there will be malice, envy and hatred, and hence there cannot be a society which does not have to employ coercive restraint.

Leo Strauss, The City and Man, page 5

Stand under my Umbrella ella ella, aye!!

• Sr. Citizen
  • Exhibiting the discipline necessary for Law School
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2007, 02:47:01 PM »
Things like welfare and medicare benefit mostly poor white people.  come on man.

There are more whites living below the poverty level than blacks, so that make sense.  Don't try and make it sound like whites (overall) benefit more from welfare programs than blacks (overall). 

Nobody benefits OVERALL from welfare programs.  but in dollars spent, it mostly goes to white folk.  I'm not making it seem like anything.
The Tragicomic: Its embodied in the blues, jazz, (HIP HOP, CORNELL <<one slight deserves another!!!!<< REALLY MISSED THE BOAT ON THAT ONE!!!) and the African experience in the New World -- the ability to withstand terrorism, embrace ones worst enemies lovingly and bear the unbearable in song.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2007, 03:41:19 PM »
Then what was the purpose of saying "Things like welfare and medicare benefit mostly poor white people.  come on man."?  What point were you trying to make? 

but in dollars spent, it mostly goes to white folk. 

Yes, because there are MORE poor whites than there are poor blacks, therefore it makes sense that more money is spent on poor whites.  If there were more poor blacks than poor whites, then more money would be spent on blacks for welfare. 

philibusters

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007, 11:03:58 PM »
I doubt it lasts more than 25 or 30 more years.  I support AA and think it does more good than harm, yet I think there are probably more efficient alternatives out there and as slow as the political processes move it will move in the direction of exploring alternatives and AA will die a slow natural, possibly painful for its supporters, death.  If it is still around in 30 years that will be an indictment of the political process on their inability to deal with tough racial issues, which would not be good, but actually on second thought that doesn't seem that far fetched so maybe it will be around for  awhile.
2008 graduate of William and Mary Law School

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2007, 12:16:22 AM »
Hahaha, right.  Making up statistics is fun, but pointless.  Great work. I especially like how you can't respond to my comment, so you have to make something up.  Sniff, sniff...  smells like we've got a little racist in here.  Tj, take a bath. 

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2007, 02:47:19 PM »
TJ, I think you are looking for myspace.  This is LSD.  Here, i'll help you out.  www.myspace.com

fixed