Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: do you tell people you are going to law school?  (Read 11930 times)

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
  • Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
Re: do you tell people you are going to law school?
« Reply #150 on: July 29, 2007, 08:50:14 PM »
yep.  mostly positive response.

and if there's a negative one, I say that I'll take it under consideration when I'm paying cash for my M3.

Why not just go to business school if you want to be able to pay for your M3 in cash?
Yale.Law.School.2010

Zenith Electronics Corp.

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BLFGmiii
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 29, 2007, 09:09:41 PM »
yep.  mostly positive response.

and if there's a negative one, I say that I'll take it under consideration when I'm paying cash for my M3.

Why not just go to business school if you want to be able to pay for your M3 in cash?

lawyers are masters of credit.

Considering_Law

• View Profile
    • One Woman's Quest
    • Email
« Reply #152 on: July 30, 2007, 04:36:41 PM »
Ya know this is an interesting topic.  I don't tell anyone, if people ask me what I do I say I'm a secretary, don't feel the need to add but i'm going to law school or anything like that.  In fact only two people at work know I'm going to law school and those were the ones who wrote my lors.  Now it's gotten to the point where I'm gonna be starting soon and I'm gonna feel funny when it gets out and people that I'm cool with at work are gonna feel funny because I didn't tell them.   :-\ Don't know how I'm gonna deal with that.  It's not like I keep it a secret I just don't share my personal info.  But I know when people start asking me why am I staying late or leaving my car here at night (law school isn't far away so I can leave it in my job's parking lot and not have to pay for parking) and I tell them cause I go to law school.  I may alienate some people, darn it, what can I say when they ask me why I didn't tell them.

almostlegal

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 30, 2007, 04:53:01 PM »
Ya know this is an interesting topic.  I don't tell anyone, if people ask me what I do I say I'm a secretary, don't feel the need to add but i'm going to law school or anything like that.  In fact only two people at work know I'm going to law school and those were the ones who wrote my lors.  Now it's gotten to the point where I'm gonna be starting soon and I'm gonna feel funny when it gets out and people that I'm cool with at work are gonna feel funny because I didn't tell them.   :-\ Don't know how I'm gonna deal with that.  It's not like I keep it a secret I just don't share my personal info.  But I know when people start asking me why am I staying late or leaving my car here at night (law school isn't far away so I can leave it in my job's parking lot and not have to pay for parking) and I tell them cause I go to law school.  I may alienate some people, darn it, what can I say when they ask me why I didn't tell them.

Just say that they didn't ask and that it's not a big deal.

Most of the people I worked with were happy for me when they found out that I was going to law school.

naturallybeyoutiful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Everything is everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 30, 2007, 05:13:44 PM »
Generally, I don't tell.  I keep most people on a strictly need-to-know basis.   :D
Harvard Law: What, like it's hard?

Diosa-Nefer

• Sr. Citizen
  • Experience the Art of Jim Warren
    • MSN Messenger - diosa_nefer@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - diosa_nefer
    • View Profile
    • My Space
« Reply #155 on: August 02, 2007, 02:11:57 AM »
If people ask about my future plans I tell that I'm going to Law School and usually receive positive responses.

GPA: 3.90
LSAT: 153
University of Puerto Rico School of Law :)

Weasy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #156 on: August 02, 2007, 05:02:45 AM »
I find "I'm going to law school" fends off the question "what can you do with a political science degree?" nicely.

Most people I've told had positive responses.
University of Arizona 2010

SKW

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 02, 2007, 09:22:31 AM »
No...I don't tell folks I'm going to law school. Deep down I'm really modest and don't like attention to be directed toward me. I was a tad peeved when my departure memorandum came out @ my job and then EVERYONE knew I was going to law school. I was being asked questions left and right, but I know they all meant well.

Besides, my parents tell EVERYONE they meet about it anyway so they do all the work for me  ::)
How they caught Statistic:

Chicken Bones Lead to Burglary Suspect

naturallybeyoutiful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Everything is everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 02, 2007, 12:19:15 PM »
Besides, my parents tell EVERYONE they meet about it anyway so they do all the work for me  ::)

True that!
Harvard Law: What, like it's hard?

gratif

• Sr. Citizen
  • 2.7/167
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 02, 2007, 06:31:22 PM »
New peeve:

"Hey, you're gonna be a lawyer, right?  I have a question about the law....."