Law School Discussion

do you tell people you are going to law school?

skeeball

• View Profile
Re: do you tell people you are going to law school?
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2007, 07:34:25 AM »
Today I have to tell my dentist because I won't be able to set my next appointment because I'm not sure what my dental insurance situation will be in six months.

Honestly, I'm cool with talking about it with anyone OTHER than my co-workers. SOOOO wish I hadn't told anyone I work with!

It's not a big deal. Lots of people in this town have post grad degrees.

« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2007, 08:29:59 AM »
Today I have to tell my dentist because I won't be able to set my next appointment because I'm not sure what my dental insurance situation will be in six months.

Argh, I have to do the same thing tomorrow.  But my dentist is awesome and it's hard to find a good one, so I might just have to suck it up and pay out-of-pocket if my new insurance doesn't work at his office.  The dentist I had with my old budget-plan insurance was a nightmare, and I'm not willing to go through that again even if it costs me dearly.

Quail!

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2007, 08:58:29 AM »
I'm curious as to why people are reticent to talk about going to law school. Could anyone comment on that? In my own situation, when people ask me, I tell them. Yet, at the same time, it really bothers me when my parents tell people I'm going. I feel like they're bragging and it makes me feel uncomfortable. Today was a good example. At the grocery store I bumped into someone I hadn't seen in eight years. I could barely remember his name and he said, "You're going to law school, right?" Apparently his mom told him. But who told his mom? How is this *&^% even getting around? Do I actually need to tell my parents to stop telling everybody what I'm doing?

Story of my freaking life.  Everyone and their mom knows, and I told maybe 1% of them...

SugarJ

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2007, 09:02:19 AM »
yeah pretty much everyone knows ... do you really think women would not want you to buy them a drink just b/c you are a law student?

Actually, my friend (girl) who at Fordham Law doesn't tell guys she meets that she is in law school because they get intimidated and turned off by the smart, attractive, more-motivated-than-you woman-type...  :-\

That's that kind of girl I want to be around.  Is that bad?   ???

No - not at all! Frankly, I don't want a guy that's going to run away like a little baby from an intelligent woman. But I do run away from guys of lesser intelligence ;D They don't have to be smarter, they just can't be an idiot, must know how to spell, and must be motivated  ;)

The Pookie

• the penguin is back!
    • View Profile
    • For Inquiring Minds - LSN
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2007, 09:10:02 AM »
my mom bragged about me to her ob/gyn, who i also use....awkward.

skeeball

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2007, 09:14:06 AM »

Argh, I have to do the same thing tomorrow.  But my dentist is awesome and it's hard to find a good one, so I might just have to suck it up and pay out-of-pocket if my new insurance doesn't work at his office.  The dentist I had with my old budget-plan insurance was a nightmare, and I'm not willing to go through that again even if it costs me dearly.

I actually sell dental insurance at my job. Now I'm an insurance snob. I'm cringing at the thought of having to go on an individual dental plan because I know how much better the coverage with a group is.

Oh well...

« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2007, 09:16:05 AM »
it's times like these i thank the lord the boyfriend's father is a dentist.

« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2007, 11:44:20 AM »

« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2007, 11:56:14 AM »
Cultural anthropologists must find this stuff fascinating.

« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2007, 12:40:08 PM »