Law School Discussion

For Those Going Through a Second Cycle

cwalk

• If you will it, it is no dream
    • View Profile
    • Email
For Those Going Through a Second Cycle
« on: April 01, 2007, 11:35:49 AM »
Do things start to pick up a little more, as far as acceptances and getting off of waitlists in April when many seat deposits are due? 

Re: For Those Going Through a Second Cycle
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 05:01:57 PM »
if i've understood your question correctly (and i'm not sure whether this is specific to 2nd cycle people), but i do know of initial decisions that were sent out mid-april last year, although i feel like they should mostly be out by the end of march.  that said, if you're on a waitlist, i know of people who started hearing as early as mid-june to two weeks before classes started. 

Matokah

• Ice? In Sacramento? Hmm. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 05:14:12 PM »
I've done two cycles and, aside from a waitlist and a deferral, I got all my acceptances except one by mid-March both times around (ironically, I was deferred at the same school, UMN, both times, and I'm still waiting on USD like I was 2 years ago). 

I applied both times in early November.  April was a time of figuring out living arrangements and loans for me, not waiting on law schools to get back to me.

cwalk

• If you will it, it is no dream
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2007, 07:47:47 PM »
Thanks for the responses.  I was just attempting to set a timetable as far as when I should begin to make a final decision.  I'm quite flexible and could wait around quite awhile, so hopefully that will help me out.  Thanks again.