Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: For Those Going Through a Second Cycle  (Read 440 times)

cwalk

• If you will it, it is no dream
    • View Profile
    • Email
For Those Going Through a Second Cycle
« on: April 01, 2007, 01:35:49 PM »
Do things start to pick up a little more, as far as acceptances and getting off of waitlists in April when many seat deposits are due? 

rainyday

• View Profile
Re: For Those Going Through a Second Cycle
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 07:01:57 PM »
if i've understood your question correctly (and i'm not sure whether this is specific to 2nd cycle people), but i do know of initial decisions that were sent out mid-april last year, although i feel like they should mostly be out by the end of march.  that said, if you're on a waitlist, i know of people who started hearing as early as mid-june to two weeks before classes started. 

Matokah

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ice? In Sacramento? Hmm. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 07:14:12 PM »
I've done two cycles and, aside from a waitlist and a deferral, I got all my acceptances except one by mid-March both times around (ironically, I was deferred at the same school, UMN, both times, and I'm still waiting on USD like I was 2 years ago). 

I applied both times in early November.  April was a time of figuring out living arrangements and loans for me, not waiting on law schools to get back to me.
University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law 2010!!

(LSN)

cwalk

• If you will it, it is no dream
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2007, 09:47:47 PM »
Thanks for the responses.  I was just attempting to set a timetable as far as when I should begin to make a final decision.  I'm quite flexible and could wait around quite awhile, so hopefully that will help me out.  Thanks again.