Law School Discussion

Case Western '10!

rhombot

• hanthala
    • View Profile
Re: Case Western '10!
« Reply #140 on: July 17, 2007, 09:41:31 PM »
your books will depend on which section you're assigned to.

IM me when you get your assignment. i may have 1 or 2 of your 1st semester book, especially if you're in the barristers section.

« Reply #141 on: July 18, 2007, 12:15:04 PM »
did anyone find on the website somewhere that lists all possible 1L sections, classes, or professors (or does anyone already at case have any idea)?  I would just like to try & be able to have some clue of what my sched. may be before august. Thanks.

rhombot

• hanthala
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 18, 2007, 05:07:31 PM »
did anyone find on the website somewhere that lists all possible 1L sections, classes, or professors (or does anyone already at case have any idea)?  I would just like to try & be able to have some clue of what my sched. may be before august. Thanks.

the best i can tell you is about my barristers experience last year.

times are approximate, and based on my faulty memory; i don't think schedules are consistent anyway from year to year.

1st semester
contracts: austin (M T W Th 8:20 - 9:15)
crim: mcmunigal (M T W Th 9:25 - 10:20)
torts: strassfeld (M T Th 2:50 - 4:20)
core: gordon & mercer (section split in 4; various meeting times)

2nd semester
conlaw: durschlag (M W Th F 9:25 - 10:20)
property: chisolm (T W Th 10:30 - 11:55)
elective: various (M W 1:15 - 2:40)
civ pro: hill (M T W 2:50 - 4:20)
core: gordon & mercer

« Reply #143 on: July 18, 2007, 07:55:52 PM »
not a lot of classes on friday?

« Reply #144 on: July 18, 2007, 08:27:14 PM »
thanks for posting your sched. how did you feel your first year was, how were those professors? thanks! ;)

rhombot

• hanthala
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 19, 2007, 07:56:32 PM »
not a lot of classes on friday?

the other 2 sections had more friday classes. but it's generally a less busy day than the others.

rhombot

• hanthala
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 19, 2007, 08:01:39 PM »
thanks for posting your sched. how did you feel your first year was, how were those professors? thanks! ;)

i enjoyed the 1st year, but i think some students went through the hell that i endured in the first year of grad school.

i don't want to badmouth any particular professors, so i'll just say the following: overall, they're quite good. there was only one who i thought was a poor teacher, and many students liked the prof who i couldn't stand. mcmunigal, hill and gordon are considered outstanding professors.

« Reply #147 on: July 19, 2007, 08:36:14 PM »
do people ever go out? or have time to hang out? if so, how much?

rhombot

• hanthala
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 20, 2007, 05:07:16 AM »
do people ever go out? or have time to hang out? if so, how much?

yeah, people usually go out on weekends, which include thursdays. thursday is usually the main night for going out - the student bar association picks a bar and people go there. i'd say i went out 1-2 nights in a typical week. could've done more but that's about my social limit.

Summer Problems with Administration a Warning Flag?
« Reply #149 on: July 23, 2007, 10:25:40 AM »
Anyone else not hear anything about Financial Aid yet?  This process of getting to Case in the fall will have been one of the most stressful experiences in my life.  I still haven't withdrawn from another school because I'm afraid something is going to fall through.  We can't order our computer from Dell until we get our CaseID, which still hasn't come, I wasn't able to get into the parking system for a parking pass until last week (and was never notified by the school that the problem had been fixed-I just kept trying to login every day), every mailing (very few) I've gotten from the school has included information on events with dates that had already passed (I was never notified about entering students day), and although I was notified in late June (after sending an e-mail about it on June 5th) that my financial aid information was complete, I still haven't heard any information about funds.  Do they not want my $35k?  Because this is all starting to feel like too much of a headache!  Anyone else having problems?