Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Heard from Cornell Again  (Read 1062 times)

LawSchoolNY07

• View Profile
Heard from Cornell Again
« on: March 31, 2007, 01:49:05 PM »
I was deferred at Cornell and got another letter from them today.

I was placed on "reserve" which basically means I was deferred AGAIN.

They said they strive to keep their numbers low, so they will not be making decisions again until May. At this time they also create a waitlist.

Honestly, at this point Cornell no longer means anything to me, I would not lose a deposit at Fordham to go to Cornell...I am content with my choice of being in NYC and at Fordham. Therefore I am withdrawing from their deferred..reserved.. w/e list. just wanted to let everyone know they were in contact again, as I know some people are interested.
"I Go Here!" : Fordham
"What? Like Its Hard?: Fordham, St.Johns ($$$$), Villanova, Northeastern ($$), UCONN, Seton Hall ($$$), Brooklyn ($$$), Cardozo
"No, Its Like a Smart People Thing": BC, Penn
"Shes not completely unfortunate looking": Cornell

Pending:BU

katrines

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Heard from Cornell Again
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 04:50:29 PM »
Wow, I'm sorry - that sucks!

Your post reminded me about the status checker, and I just went to decision. No "admitted students" link, so looks like I didn't get in. Count me in for Fordham at this point, too! :)

Hendi

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 06:10:40 PM »
I got my reserve letter today as well, it sounds to me like its just a waitlist under another name, at the point where you'd have to lose a deposit to accept any offer there's really no difference from any perspective except maybe thiers.
Upenn 2010!

iscoredawaitlist

• Sr. Citizen
  • The beagle puppy of anticipation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2007, 06:40:27 PM »
I got my reserve letter today as well, it sounds to me like its just a waitlist under another name, at the point where you'd have to lose a deposit to accept any offer there's really no difference from any perspective except maybe thiers.

it's kind of like a short-term wait list. It sounds like they use this to see if they have openings because of a shortage of deposits or whatever, but then for the summer they make a smaller wait list that they chose from the reserve. still, a wait list is a wait list.

trivedno

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 08:52:45 PM »
Hahahahahaahhaa.  No decisions again until MAY?  Some nerve!

Patrick Fitzgerald

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007, 09:39:26 PM »
I was deferred at Cornell and got another letter from them today.

I was placed on "reserve" which basically means I was deferred AGAIN.

They said they strive to keep their numbers low, so they will not be making decisions again until May. At this time they also create a waitlist.

Honestly, at this point Cornell no longer means anything to me, I would not lose a deposit at Fordham to go to Cornell...I am content with my choice of being in NYC and at Fordham. Therefore I am withdrawing from their deferred..reserved.. w/e list. just wanted to let everyone know they were in contact again, as I know some people are interested.

Congratulations. You'll be happy at Fordham.

flyaway

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2007, 07:39:00 AM »
Still the deafening silence from Cornell!

::)
Michigan Law Class of 2010

kenny32

• Sr. Citizen
  • You're sorry I'm sorry Everybody's sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2007, 04:50:26 PM »
and today, I withdrew my application from Cornell.  :)
Narrator: You had to give it to him: he had a plan. And it started to make sense, in a Tyler sort of way. No fear. No distractions. The ability to let that which does not matter truly slide.

Tyler Durden: Without pain, without sacrifice, we would have nothing.

Refused Party Program

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2007, 05:10:32 PM »
I got reserve letter this weekend, although oddly I wasn't updated on their status checker.

LSNY07: Wasn't sure if you have visited Fordham, but I really liked it when I was there and it seems like it will be a good choice. I thought their was a lot of variety in the clinics and I think you will still have excellent opportunity there.