Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Visiting waitlisted schools - contact ahead of time?  (Read 692 times)

mathlete

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Visiting waitlisted schools - contact ahead of time?
« on: March 31, 2007, 01:07:56 PM »
If I'm planning to visit, should I contact them ahead of time? If so, who would I contact and how? I'm thinking of calling the person who wrote my reserve letter (assistant dean of admissions). Or do I just show up unannounced and drop in on the admissions office?  ???

paul1454

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Visiting waitlisted schools - contact ahead of time?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 01:14:12 PM »
Go to their website.  Every school I have looked at had information on who to call to schedule a visit.  Do not go unannounced and be sure to send a LOCI after your visit remarking on some aspect of the school which you were surprised about or that reaffirmed your desire to attend.

mathlete

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 01:17:19 PM »
Go to their website.  Every school I have looked at had information on who to call to schedule a visit.  Do not go unannounced and be sure to send a LOCI after your visit remarking on some aspect of the school which you were surprised about or that reaffirmed your desire to attend.

Great advice, thanks.

Seventeen

• Sr. Citizen
  • "Hope is a risk that must be run."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 03:03:09 PM »
I'm visiting my #1 choice next week. I called the admissions office and said I am a waitlisted applicant and that I would like to make arrangements to meet with an admissions officer and get a tour. Now I have an appointment with an admissions counselor/evaluator, so I can feel confident knowing I'm not flying to meet with a secretary.

HTH.
"We're adults. When did that happen, and how do we make it stop?" ~Grey's Anatomy

skeeball

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 03:06:26 PM »
You should definately call ahead. It's getting close to finals and a lot of schools will stop giving tours soon.