Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: .  (Read 2674 times)

IrrX

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • You find yourself in a very actionable position.
    • View Profile
    • Smith
« on: March 31, 2007, 05:43:48 AM »
Note: Insults made by me apply to everything associated with the people and ideas being insulted, except for other people.

Quote from: IamAnXMan
IRRX, it seems you enjoy provocation and antagonism.

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dontreallyknowmuch
    • View Profile
Re: Husband kills wife's lover, she's indicted for manslaughter.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 06:03:06 AM »
save it for law school.
quote Stanley J. Watson III
you are doomed in the fated sense, but that's completely irrelevant because that's only from the viewpoint of someone who is not constrained by time. since you are temporal, for all intents and purposes you have the power to change your future

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 06:06:26 AM »
yes.
you are doomed in the fated sense, but that's completely irrelevant because that's only from the viewpoint of someone who is not constrained by time. since you are temporal, for all intents and purposes you have the power to change your future

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 06:11:36 AM »
But then I'll be shot and then the instructor will claim that the shooter was within his rights because he was acting in defense of another, since my stupid hypo was draining their IQs.

yes.

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2007, 06:24:08 AM »
Okay, if I really start hating life I'll throw this out as a hypo. But I'll mostly just play solitaire.

and lsd.

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2007, 06:40:03 AM »
the purpose of lsd after admission is to help you fail out of law school.

Non_Prophet

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2007, 06:19:27 PM »
Could have been rape.  The text message was from December.  Just cuz' it was consensual at one point doesn't mean it was consensual at the point in question.

---

How would this play out in court if the sex was consensual, however, due to abuse in the past she could legitimately say she feared for her own life?

Also why isn't the husband being charged with murder.  If the guy was driving away it isn't self-defense...is there another classification (justifiable homicide?) which would allow for his innocence under the law?

wannaB1L

• Sr. Citizen
  • Mike Nifong '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2007, 08:02:29 PM »
another crazy American woman- this is why I have recently switched to FOB Chinese girls. They are so sweet, loyal and sane. And they usually don't weigh a ton when they get older. This guy should file for divorce, sell all of her stuff and give the proceeds to this guys family for his funeral.
a pirate's life for me.

SAVE THE WTO NOW!

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2007, 08:48:27 AM »
Could have been rape.  The text message was from December.  Just cuz' it was consensual at one point doesn't mean it was consensual at the point in question.

---

How would this play out in court if the sex was consensual, however, due to abuse in the past she could legitimately say she feared for her own life?

Also why isn't the husband being charged with murder.  If the guy was driving away it isn't self-defense...is there another classification (justifiable homicide?) which would allow for his innocence under the law?

heat of passion is one of the elements for manslaughter.

and yes, lsd's purpose after admission is to keep you from gouging your eyes out with  your own highlighter during classing that are so boring your brain tries to burrow its way out of your skull
non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD

LegalMatters

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2007, 02:10:06 PM »
The husband was not in imminent danger and the man was fleeing the scene, allowing time for one or the other to call police.

Ooh, how did I get sucked into this? :-\