Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: St. Thomas (MN) (@5K/yr) vs. Indiana-Bloomigton (@20K/yr) (--locale issue)  (Read 246 times)

gratif

• Sr. Citizen
  • 2.7/167
    • View Profile
I went to school in Eau Claire (an hour from the twin cities).  If I don't do JAG, I'm don't need a degree that "travels well."  I think I'd be happy in the twin cities (St. Thomas wins) or Chicago (Indiana wins), but I love Wisconsin.

I'm also debt phobic and have almost completely convinced my self that St. Thomas is for me.

Gopherit

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
UMN '10

OingoBoingo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Simply the best band from the 80's
    • View Profile
St Thomas, ranked for the first time, is in the third tier. Not bad considering that most new school start in the 4th tier. With the hire of Paulsen and other new faculty additions it may not be long before St Thomas becomes a 2nd tier school.

Oingo
"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."

Gopherit

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
UMN '10

gratif

• Sr. Citizen
  • 2.7/167
    • View Profile
if you go by LSAT scores, St. T is already in the top five of T3.  Also, almost 30% of their students are on full scholarship, and over 40% are on at least half-tuition scholarships.  The school has ridiculously rich undergrad and business programs attached to it and they're throwing a lot of money into the law program too.

My main concern is the lack of an alumni network.