Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Northwestern c/o 2010  (Read 8526 times)

east_meets_west

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Northwestern c/o 2010
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2007, 11:03:30 AM »
mufich - I might have to take you up on that offer - 24/The Office are all I watch outside of [adult swim]. 

I'll probably visit Chi-town in July sometime (probably late) to find an appt. - is that too late to find a good place/lease near the school?

I've heard it's best to try to square things away in mid- to late-June if possible, especially if you're planning on living in Gold Coast/Streeterville since those areas are a little more competitive. If you're living somewhere else, though, you might be OK.
Northwestern 2010!

Mitt

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2007, 11:42:20 AM »
Tag
Northwestern 2010

WeeSqueak

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2007, 01:41:44 PM »
bump - I know they aren't that many of use but I don't like to see us slipping off the top page.  Would anyone have any interest in a facebook group???

east_meets_west

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2007, 03:00:30 PM »
bump - I know they aren't that many of use but I don't like to see us slipping off the top page.  Would anyone have any interest in a facebook group???

Definitely - though I'm still waiting on my NetID so I can join the Northwestern network. If you do (or anyone else does) create a Facebook group, definitely post the link on here!
Northwestern 2010!

Mitt

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2007, 03:07:20 PM »
Northwestern 2010

pandapanic

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2007, 10:41:04 PM »
Has anyone received their northwestern email address or netID? I still haven't heard anything...

Also, I also just sent in a deposit for an apartment in the gold coast - so excited!!

Mitt

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2007, 04:11:33 PM »
how long does did it take for you guys for the admissions office to confirm they received your deposit?
...heh, its only be 3 business days and i'm a bit anxious  :)

It took them a while to cash my check and send a receipt in the mail, about three weeks or longer...
Northwestern 2010

Ann 244

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2007, 09:41:39 PM »
Hey!

Just so you guys have a heads up- last year there wasn't too much communication between the time I sent in my deposit and before orientation.  I don't think I got my NetID or anything until mid-July.  All of the offices (Financial Aid, Admissions, IT) are really good about getting back to you if you contact them personally though, it's just not as if you're going to be inundated with a bunch of materials between now and orientation- so don't get worried if you're not getting a lot of stuff! (Though do try to be proactive about getting your NetID and financial aid stuff completed if you don't get anything in the mail- I think with all of the different addresses- prospective Chicago/Home/Current, etc stuff gets lost in the mail).

Has anyone received their northwestern email address or netID? I still haven't heard anything...

Also, I also just sent in a deposit for an apartment in the gold coast - so excited!!

mufich

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2007, 01:55:23 AM »
Very excited to come home from a weekend in Vegas to find a facebook group has been started!

FYI, I sent my check in the 3rd, they received it the 11th, printed a letter and receipt that day, and I got it on the 18th.
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=mufich

Pete Carroll (Attending): Northwestern!
Dwayne Jarrett (Accepted): GULC, HLS, Boalt, Northwestern $$, NYU, UCLA, UVA $$, CLS, UChicago $$
Brady Quinn (Deferred): UPenn
Charlie Weis (Rejected):

Still Waiting: Stanford, Michigan

d3b4s3r

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2007, 11:51:00 AM »
BTW is anyone considering other neighborhoods (like Lincoln Park) for their 1L year, or is everyone going to pretty much stay in Streeterville/Gold Coast?
Attending: Northwestern (for real this time)
In: Northwestern ($$), UVA ($), Cornell (W), GULC ($$) (W), Fordham (W)
Out: Harvard, Columbia, NYU