Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: My shot at law school just went down the toilet!  (Read 4679 times)

JustJeff

• View Profile
    • Email
My shot at law school just went down the toilet!
« on: September 14, 2004, 03:56:08 PM »
They finally completed my Academic Report and it was worse than I expected.  I had bounced around the country and went to four schools, I screwed around for a few years and got horrible grades, but then I decided to get serious for my last 2 years and had a 3.8 gpa. I have been working full time for over four years and I guess I forgot how bad I did those first 2 years.  They are giving me a cumulative gpa of 2.72.

I don't think I will break a 155 on the GMAT, so I guess I'm screwed.  It just doesn't seem right that you screw around when you are 17 and 18 years old and then you end up paying for it 7 years later. 

Thanks for listening to me female dog.

The ZAPINATOR

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - N/A
    • AOL Instant Messenger - N/A
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - N/A
    • View Profile
    • N/A
Re: My shot at law school just went down the toilet!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2004, 03:57:55 PM »
That does suck, but they do look at trends.  You should still apply, and try to write an addendum.

ZAP

They finally completed my Academic Report and it was worse than I expected.  I had bounced around the country and went to four schools, I screwed around for a few years and got horrible grades, but then I decided to get serious for my last 2 years and had a 3.8 gpa. I have been working full time for over four years and I guess I forgot how bad I did those first 2 years.  They are giving me a cumulative gpa of 2.72.

I don't think I will break a 155 on the GMAT, so I guess I'm screwed.  It just doesn't seem right that you screw around when you are 17 and 18 years old and then you end up paying for it 7 years later. 

nathanielmark

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2004, 03:58:13 PM »
yes, that 155 GMAT score probably isnt going to help much.

!@#$%

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2004, 03:58:22 PM »
Addend away!

NYKnicks

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2004, 03:59:36 PM »
155 on the GMAT is lower than the minimum score...so yes...your chances for law...or business school...could be slightly screwed.

In any case, just write a good addendum, and try to increase your score.

The ZAPINATOR

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - N/A
    • View Profile
    • N/A
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2004, 04:00:26 PM »
But yeah, good call... how are you doing on the LSAT?

ZAP

JustJeff

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2004, 04:05:11 PM »
I have taken one practice test and got a 150.  I am taking the test in December.  I am going to study my butt off, but I am trying to keep my expectations realistic.  Thanks for the responses!

rwhitman

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2004, 04:06:29 PM »

Hey at least you made some friends here, so in three years when you are a transient gas station robber dopehead Kerry lover prostatute, we can help you with your politician career.

The ZAPINATOR

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - N/A
    • View Profile
    • N/A
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2004, 04:07:09 PM »
If you're taking it in December, don't limit yourself!  Set small goals and try to achieve them.  As you take more practice tests, your LSAT scores will generally go up.

So reach for like a 155.  If you can start consistently hitting that, go for a 160.  And so on.  You won't surpass goals you don't set.

ZAP

I have taken one practice test and got a 150.  I am taking the test in December.  I am going to study my butt off, but I am trying to keep my expectations realistic.  Thanks for the responses!

The ZAPINATOR

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - N/A
    • View Profile
    • N/A
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2004, 04:07:35 PM »
I think you may have him confused with jeffjoe...

ZAP

Hey at least you made some friends here, so in three years when you are a transient gas station robber dopehead Kerry lover prostatute, we can help you with your politician career.