Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: My shot at law school just went down the toilet!  (Read 4745 times)

NYKnicks

Re: My shot at law school just went down the toilet!
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2004, 04:07:56 PM »
I have taken one practice test and got a 150.  I am taking the test in December.  I am going to study my butt off, but I am trying to keep my expectations realistic.  Thanks for the responses!

if you are taking this test in december, and you are around a 150 now, the highest you think you can go is 155? come on now, your "GMAT" score I would worry about, but not your LSAT, especailly if you say you'll study your butt off.

cascagrossa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2004, 04:09:14 PM »
hey, i have pretty much the same gpa and i havent given up all hope.  im writing an addendum that explains that i had to work throughout undergrad because i chose to attend the school that i did.  hopefully that will get me at least a second look.  and join me in prayer to the lsat gods, they are our only hope.

The ZAPINATOR

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - N/A
    • AOL Instant Messenger - N/A
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - N/A
    • View Profile
    • N/A
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2004, 04:09:42 PM »
I agree with Reindeers.  You can do better than 155.  Don't put yourself in a box.  You'll get there if you work hard.

ZAP

I have taken one practice test and got a 150.  I am taking the test in December.  I am going to study my butt off, but I am trying to keep my expectations realistic.  Thanks for the responses!

if you are taking this test in december, and you are around a 150 now, the highest you think you can go is 155? come on now, your "GMAT" score I would worry about, but not your LSAT, especailly if you say you'll study your butt off.

rwhitman

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2004, 04:11:11 PM »
They finally completed my Academic Report and it was worse than I expected.  I had bounced around the country and went to four schools, I screwed around for a few years and got horrible grades, but then I decided to get serious for my last 2 years and had a 3.8 gpa. I have been working full time for over four years and I guess I forgot how bad I did those first 2 years.  They are giving me a cumulative gpa of 2.72.

I don't think I will break a 155 on the GMAT, so I guess I'm screwed.  It just doesn't seem right that you screw around when you are 17 and 18 years old and then you end up paying for it 7 years later. 

Thanks for listening to me female dog.

Hey at least you made some friends here, so in three years when you are a transient gas station robber dopehead Kerry lover prostatute, we can help you with your politician career.

You iz still very cleverer and probably brilliant at counting - ye know...1,2,3...4.... I could continue...easy. Maybe u iz also brilliant at English - and have memorised de whole alphabet 'a to x' and even be able to spell words like 'hippototamus'.

I iz also well clever - me was so brainy dat me finished me education 6 years before any of u - at de age of 15 - de teachers had to admit dat dere was nothing else dat dem could teach me. U students has come from every corner of de US from de rainforests of Arizona to de deserts of Alaska. Some of you iz probably never even seen a black man before.......allo

The ZAPINATOR

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - N/A
    • View Profile
    • N/A
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2004, 04:12:29 PM »
Ummm... smoke crack much?

ZAP

They finally completed my Academic Report and it was worse than I expected.  I had bounced around the country and went to four schools, I screwed around for a few years and got horrible grades, but then I decided to get serious for my last 2 years and had a 3.8 gpa. I have been working full time for over four years and I guess I forgot how bad I did those first 2 years.  They are giving me a cumulative gpa of 2.72.

I don't think I will break a 155 on the GMAT, so I guess I'm screwed.  It just doesn't seem right that you screw around when you are 17 and 18 years old and then you end up paying for it 7 years later. 

Hey at least you made some friends here, so in three years when you are a transient gas station robber dopehead Kerry lover prostatute, we can help you with your politician career.

You iz still very cleverer and probably brilliant at counting - ye know...1,2,3...4.... I could continue...easy. Maybe u iz also brilliant at English - and have memorised de whole alphabet 'a to x' and even be able to spell words like 'hippototamus'.

I iz also well clever - me was so brainy dat me finished me education 6 years before any of u - at de age of 15 - de teachers had to admit dat dere was nothing else dat dem could teach me. U students has come from every corner of de US from de rainforests of Arizona to de deserts of Alaska. Some of you iz probably never even seen a black man before.......allo

rwhitman

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2004, 04:15:31 PM »

Why? do you have some?

Ummm... smoke crack much?

ZAP

cascagrossa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2004, 04:16:15 PM »
its an ali g impression.  hilarious show btw.

The ZAPINATOR

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - N/A
    • View Profile
    • N/A
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2004, 04:17:55 PM »
Few quick observations... prostitute has no "a".  Also, I believe "female dog" wasn't addressed to us, like "I got yo back, female dog!"  It was a verb as in "I bitched her out."  So "thanks for listening to me female dog" should be read like that, instead of "Thanks fo listening to me, Biatch!"

Hope this helps.

ZAP

BTW:  No crack here.  I believe Rivers Cuomo of Weezer has a hash pipe he might share with you, though.

JustJeff

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2004, 04:23:50 PM »
Thanks for the help, I guess I need to study very hard.  I appreciate it.

shadowcreeper

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2004, 04:27:53 PM »
I would definitely say study hard and really write a kick ass personal statement and addendum about grades. If this is what you really want, even if you have to go to a T4 school and prove yourself and then transfer where you want to go, you can do it. Just have to focus on the goal :)
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself absurd.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself be heard.
Nobody's gonna stand in my way.
Give it up son, I'm doin this my way.. Seether

http://lawschoolhopeful.blogspot.com/