Law School Discussion

UVA Admitted Students Days

Re: UVA Admitted Students Days
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2007, 10:19:14 PM »
was the bar rented out for just law students?   or was it open to the public?

ha! daydreamer, this seems to be a favorite question of yours.  worried about running into an ex-boyfriend still doing UG work at UVA?

hahaha well, i actually really liked the fact that it was only for Duke law students at their ASW, but did not enjoy the bar at Mich b/c you didn't know who was a law student or not- it just seemed much more "on your own/stick w/your own friends."  I just had a really good time at Duke's bar event I guess..every little detail helps when comparing such close schools  ;)

but i guess it doesn't matter that much since I'm almost definitely headed to UVa

IF

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2007, 10:20:30 PM »
We may have actually met!  Im about 5'10, Italian/Spanish looking with sort of a deep voice.  There was a girl who I was talking to on the way to the mock class who was commenting on the number of parents there were at the ASW.  She was black, about 5'5 maybe.  She sorta looked like what I think your old pic looked like, but I couldnt be sure!

But as you told me, if your gut isnt leading you there...

hmm...i can't recall  :(  that sucks

Im glad I didnt ask that girl if she was MCB then :)  

Hope to meet you guys though

ha! daydreamer, this seems to be a favorite question of yours.  worried about running into an ex-boyfriend still doing UG work at UVA?

lol

« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2007, 10:22:08 PM »

hahaha well, i actually really liked the fact that it was only for Duke law students at their ASW, but did not enjoy the bar at Mich b/c you didn't know who was a law student or not- it just seemed much more "on your own/stick w/your own friends."  I just had a really good time at Duke's bar event I guess..every little detail helps when comparing such close schools  ;)

but i guess it doesn't matter that much since I'm almost definitely headed to UVa

I didn't go to bar review at Mich (went to leopolds instead with SQUALSA)...but to me, aside from a few drunk ug kids, i'd rather not be surround by law students when i'm trying to relax.  ppl will prolly still try to talk about law related things and seomtimes u just wanna get away.  plus, ls is too small and incestuous as it is, i'd want to be around diff ppl  :)

« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2007, 10:23:49 PM »

I didn't go to bar review at Mich (went to leopolds instead with SQUALSA)...but to me, aside from a few drunk ug kids, i'd rather not be surround by law students when i'm trying to relax.  ppl will prolly still try to talk about law related things and seomtimes u just wanna get away.  plus, ls is too small and incestuous as it is, i'd want to be around diff ppl  :)

very good point.  I just i kind of wished it was rented out at least at ASW so I could have talked to more ppl...although by the time bar review came around i was sick of talking to ppl  :D

'tiki

• Big Red goes to Philly
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2007, 10:31:35 PM »
nope, contiki, you met me...guess who i am

hint, i go to your school

wow, i guess my self 'tar is unrecognizable...

OMG! I don't recognize you in the 'tar at all! Wow, do I feel stupid now lol.

BTW, they are announcing our convocation speaker this week.

The Pookie

• the penguin is back!
    • View Profile
    • For Inquiring Minds - LSN
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2007, 10:33:03 PM »
nope, contiki, you met me...guess who i am

hint, i go to your school

wow, i guess my self 'tar is unrecognizable...

OMG! I don't recognize you in the 'tar at all! Wow, do I feel stupid now lol.

BTW, they are announcing our convocation speaker this week.

ooooooh, i hope we get someone good!

and it's alright, its a old pic and i could probably scrouge up a better self 'tar, but eh.

'tiki

• Big Red goes to Philly
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2007, 10:36:01 PM »
So do you think you'll end up in C'ville?

The Pookie

• the penguin is back!
    • View Profile
    • For Inquiring Minds - LSN
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2007, 10:38:50 PM »
well to be honest, the no car thing and the difficulty i had getting back and forth from c'ville and DC is kinda turning me off uva, but i like the program and the moolah they're giving me.....

right now Penn is my #1 becuase i just don't think i'm preppy enough for uva, i'm the cynical kind...too much sun and friendliness for me there. I'll see if i can squeeze some money out of Penn though.

how about you?

'tiki

• Big Red goes to Philly
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2007, 10:42:40 PM »
Right now I'm undecided but narrowed it down to Penn, NYU and Boalt (I think) with Mich and Cornell sort of under consideration still. I actually think Penn is more collegial and friendly than UVA but definitely with a  much different atmosphere. Have fun at Penn this week, I'm finally having a weekend of no ASWs.

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• 1/2 of the Golden Couple
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=johnkorean
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2007, 06:43:44 AM »
LOVED IT. I understand the concerns other people have had, but for me personally, I couldn't think of a single negative. Not a single one.

I'm really hoping I don't like NYU at all so I'll have an easy decision to make.