Law School Discussion

UVA Admitted Students Days

AlphaBusey

• SOBER:Son Of a B*tch, Everything's Real!
    • View Profile
Re: UVA Admitted Students Days
« Reply #100 on: April 07, 2007, 01:34:05 PM »
what is foxfields?

It's a series of horse races, mostly steeplechase, I think? (one of the UVAers help me out here).  There's some betting on the side, stuff like that.  But basically it's just an excuse to have a giant tailgate.  Which I like.

Goodfella

• I get to live the rest of my life like a schnook
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 07, 2007, 01:37:39 PM »
what is foxfields?

It's a series of horse races, mostly steeplechase, I think? (one of the UVAers help me out here).  There's some betting on the side, stuff like that.  But basically it's just an excuse to have a giant tailgate.  Which I like.

Yeah, the September one is all law students and the April one is all undergrads (it takes place during finals so LS attendance is sparse). There is a marked difference between the two, needless to say.

« Reply #102 on: April 07, 2007, 01:40:02 PM »
what is foxfields?

Yeah, the September one is all law students and the April one is all undergrads (it takes place during finals so LS attendance is sparse). There is a marked difference between the two, needless to say.

There is a HUGE DC contingent for the April race.  Buses and buses of hill staffers decked out in seersucker and big hats.

« Reply #103 on: April 07, 2007, 08:39:35 PM »
what is foxfields?

There is a HUGE DC contingent for the April race.  Buses and buses of hill staffers decked out in seersucker and big hats.

Spring Foxfield (everyone take note that there is no S at the end of Foxfield) is HUGE.  TON of fun.  I went to UVA undergrad as well, and I have way more fun at the Spring on than at the Fall.  For lack of a better word, it is a sh*tshow.  If you're lucky, you even see a horse.  For current students, also know that SBA is buying a plot and providing a bus...mostly for 3Ls, I think.  Psssh, finals.  That's why they're FLEX.