Law School Discussion

Test Prep Course: Testmasters or Powerscore?

Test Prep Course: Testmasters or Powerscore?
« on: September 14, 2004, 01:33:43 PM »
Does anyone recommend one of the above prep courses over the other?  I'm just not sure which is my better option.

Re: Test Prep Course: Testmasters or Powerscore?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2004, 02:11:33 PM »
I see that this has gone unanswered for awhile.  I wish I could help you, but I didn't take any courses to prep for LSAT, so I have no idea what's best/better.  But I WILL bump your post... maybe someone else who's taken a class or two will see it.

ZAP

Casper

• Casper, the friendly Ghost.
    • View Profile
    • DANY
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2004, 04:28:35 PM »
Testmasters charges about $200 more than powerscore.  I think I'll lean towards Powerscore, or if I can find a reason to justify the extra $200, I take testmasters instead.

foxnewssucks

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2004, 05:21:35 PM »
I believe that TM offers 16 more lecture hours.

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2004, 05:45:16 PM »
Powerscore will not have a class in my area for the February LSAT but Testmasters will.  So I really ahve no choice.

Annie

• Do a little dance
    • AOL Instant Messenger - RiotGirl84
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2004, 01:23:41 PM »
TestMasters.

I cannot imagine a program being any better, and furthermore, it was recommended to me almost exclusively.

Casper

• Casper, the friendly Ghost.
    • View Profile
    • DANY
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2004, 02:48:21 PM »
Where did you take your TM class?

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2004, 02:57:08 PM »
Powerscore limits their prep classes to 16 people max.  From what I understand testmasters has no limit on the number of students allowed to enroll in one particular course.  The problem with testmasters in my area, however, is actually resgistering for a course that has enough students enrolled so that they do not cancel the course.

Annie

• Do a little dance
    • AOL Instant Messenger - RiotGirl84
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2004, 04:38:05 PM »
Where did you take your TM class?

I'm taking mine at Davis. Despite the fact that my Testmasters class fills an entire lecture room at the King Hall School of Law (UC Davis), very few people actually speak. If you're an assertive person, you really aren't going to have that much competition. And if you're not really an assertive person, how will you do as an attorney?

Furthermore, I cannot imagine better instructors. I've encountered a few of them and they are all fantastic people, and they alone make the class bearable.