Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Test Prep Course: Testmasters or Powerscore?  (Read 8472 times)

defense

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Test Prep Course: Testmasters or Powerscore?
« on: September 14, 2004, 03:33:43 PM »
Does anyone recommend one of the above prep courses over the other?  I need to raise my score by a minimum of 10 points and ordered the LGB.  Once completed I will order the LRB followed by one of the courses above.  I'm just not sure which is my better option.

The ZAPINATOR

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - N/A
    • AOL Instant Messenger - N/A
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - N/A
    • View Profile
    • N/A
Re: Test Prep Course: Testmasters or Powerscore?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2004, 04:11:33 PM »
I see that this has gone unanswered for awhile.  I wish I could help you, but I didn't take any courses to prep for LSAT, so I have no idea what's best/better.  But I WILL bump your post... maybe someone else who's taken a class or two will see it.

ZAP

cascagrossa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2004, 04:14:47 PM »
they are pretty much the same thing.  try to find out who the instructors are for your area and base your decision off that.

NYKnicks

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2004, 04:15:55 PM »
Take powerscore, but I dont' think testmasters is bad either. Depends on what you need help on though, powersscore doesn't do crap for RC, and they focused 60% on LG, which I personally did not need help on. Still though, their presentation was good.

defense

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2004, 04:18:01 PM »
Thanks Zap.  I researched both companies and was unable to come up with an answer.  Both web pages are so similiar and each compares their course to PR and Kaplan but not each other.  So I called and come to find out it began as one company.  However, the partners split and no there are two seperate companies, which in my opini are identical to each other fromt the information I read on each page and what I was told.

cascagrossa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2004, 04:18:12 PM »
well, i think both focus primarily on lr and then games because the reading section is pretty hard to teach.  if you are a bad reader, no one is going to be able to correct that in a few weeks time.  there are some very basic strategies that might help, but otherwise its hard to do a lot for rc besides just practicing.

both companies teach the exact same techniques for lr and games, so you cant go wrong with either.

also, make sure the website you went to was www.testmasters180.com , testmasters.com is some other imposter company.

Casper

• Sr. Citizen
  • Casper, the friendly Ghost.
    • View Profile
    • DANY
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2004, 06:28:35 PM »
Testmaster 180 charges about $200 more than powerscore.  I think I'll lean towards Powerscore, or if I can find a reason to justify the extra $200, I take testmaster instead.
Drawing dead, serving 25 to life.

foxnewssucks

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2004, 07:21:35 PM »
Testmaster 180 charges about $200 more than powerscore.  I think I'll lean towards Powerscore, or if I can find a reason to justify the extra $200, I take testmaster instead.

I believe that TM offers 16 more lecture hours.

KatieManley01

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - katiemanley01@Hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2004, 07:28:28 PM »
Search for powerscore and testmasters and perhaps powerscore vs. testmasters.  That's what I did when I was trying to decide.  I found a wealth of information from past posts.  I decided on powerscore, but the class was canceled in my area, so I am just using their books.
Attending Duke

defense

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2004, 07:45:16 PM »
Powerscore will not have a class in my area for the February LSAT but Testmasters will.  So I really ahve no choice.