Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Villanova Scholarship Information  (Read 288 times)

Riverside125

• View Profile
Villanova Scholarship Information
« on: March 30, 2007, 10:42:38 AM »
So I am currently deciding between Seton Hall Law (w/27k scholarship per year), Rutgers Camden (w/Instate tuition and 5k scholarhips per year), and Villanova with no scholarship.  Do I need to apply separately for a Villanova scholarship or would they have told me already if I was getting some.  Please help!

RedWine

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Villanova Scholarship Information
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 10:47:33 AM »
Good question.  On the website, it says that all admitted students are considered for scholarships, so I'm assuming that the basic FAFSA + school's own form should be sufficient. I sent in all the financial info they asked for, and I haven't heard anything about scholarships.  I don't want to seem snobby or anything, but my scores are at or above the 75th percentile so I would have thought I'd get something -- but it doesn't seem to be the case.  And Villanova at full price just does not seem worth it to me, so they're not going to be seeing me in the fall.

Riverside125

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 11:09:49 AM »
I actually called this morning to find out more and they said the dean of admissions would get back to me.  What form did you fill out other than the FAFSA?

RedWine

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 11:32:10 AM »
If you go onto the financial aid section of the website, there's a form to print out that asks more specific questions than the FAFSA does.  Not quite as intrusive as NeedAccess, though, thankfully.  I got my basic aid report a couple weeks after I submitted it, and it said something about "this is your report unless you receive a scholarship," so maybe they're still deciding about those.  I don't know.

danielle83

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 11:52:39 AM »
Regarding scholarships, I applied in November, was accepted in February and received a letter (snail mail) with scholarship info a couple of weeks following my acceptance.  Not sure if they are sending out more or not, I assume they are since they are accepting people so late.  I will not be attending so that should free up 10k per year.