Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone Waitlisted at Washington and Lee?  (Read 1769 times)

lawschoolfears85

• View Profile
Anyone Waitlisted at Washington and Lee?
« on: March 30, 2007, 08:24:16 AM »
Anyone out there waitlisted at Washington and Lee?  I am holding out hope that they have to pull off the waitlist.  Anyone else have interest in going there, any idea about their waitlist (I know its all just guesses on our part)?

General2010

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone Waitlisted at Washington and Lee?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 08:37:47 AM »
As of right now that's where I'm planning on going. Seems to be a great school that most of the students there rave about. I have no idea how many people W&L usually takes off the waitlist, but, they did drop to #25 in the brand new 2008 rankings, which will probably affect some people's decisions (e.g. someone who was completely undecided between W&L and Emory would use the new ranking as a tie-breaker and choose Emory). Just speculation though.
W&L Class of 2010

lawschoolfears85

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 08:45:47 AM »
I sure hope so.  I went to visit the other day to reiterate that they are my top choice and I gave them some things I have written in the past two semesters so all I can do now is hope they think thats sufficent to pull me from the list.

Bootylicious

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 08:51:28 AM »
Lawschoolfears,

I was at the WL ASW last weekend and took the time to talk to the dir. of admissions about the waitlist since a very good friend of mine had recently been placed on it. Andrea Howe was very candid. First of all, with their small class size, it is impossible to determine how many people they will take. She did tell me that when they pull off the waitlist, it is generally to improve their numbers in some regard. She said this means increasing racial diversity, geographic diversity, ot by taking someone with mediocre grades and a very high LSAT. She said to me high GPA's are a dime a dozen, high LSAT's are not. FWIW, this is what I asked, and this is what I heard. I know nothing else....

Last King of Edinburgh

• Sr. Citizen
  • Born to rule
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 09:06:31 AM »
Gatto be honest, the small class size is what lured me to this school and it was very hard for me to withdraw but I did. Hopefully that should free up some space for someone else.
Washington University School of Law 2010

stsherri

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 09:11:39 AM »
Sorry to say, I will be accepting my offer and sending in my seat deposit today.  My hunch is that their not terribly active with respect to the waitlist, but they will have to pull at least a few.  Good luck to you....
W&L '10

oudidntno

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 09:14:26 AM »
Anyone out there waitlisted at Washington and Lee?  I am holding out hope that they have to pull off the waitlist.  Anyone else have interest in going there, any idea about their waitlist (I know its all just guesses on our part)?

I'm in the same situation, but from just looking at LSN for last year, I might not hear back from W&L till July about whether I'm in or out.  So I chose another school instead.  Of course, I am about to be married so it takes longer for two people to plan a move than just one, and thus I had to decide on a school a little bit sooner than most folks I guess.  

Last King of Edinburgh

• Sr. Citizen
  • Born to rule
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 09:20:20 AM »

I'm in the same situation, but from just looking at LSN for last year, I might not hear back from W&L till July about whether I'm in or out.  So I chose another school instead.  Of course, I am about to be married so it takes longer for two people to plan a move than just one, and thus I had to decide on a school a little bit sooner than most folks I guess.  
DITTO!
Washington University School of Law 2010

soontobesenior

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2007, 11:46:53 PM »
I withdrew my acceptance two days ago, so one more spot open. :-)

Journeyman

• Sr. Citizen
  • The road to life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2007, 08:36:23 AM »
I will be withdrawing this week.....good luck lawschoolfears
IU-B '10

Journeyman, I am dumbfounded as to how you got into IU and W&L with your numbers. 155 LSAT and you applied to Vanderbilt? Honestly?