Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What's the most surprising change in rankings!???  (Read 4284 times)

HaciM36

• Sr. Citizen
  • YUM YUM YUM
    • AOL Instant Messenger - HAC1M36
    • View Profile
What's the most surprising change in rankings!???
« on: March 30, 2007, 02:29:46 AM »
Just for fun I wanted to start a thread and get a take on what everyone thinks is the most surprising change in a school's ranking, gain or loss!? Which ones stand out to you?

Please list your top 3 and only 3, and feel free to give your reaction and if you want your personal opinion of why you think the change occurred. Thanks!
And shepherds we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee, power hath descended forthfrom thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. We shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.

iSalute

• Sr. Citizen
  • Freedom don't come free
    • View Profile
    • Check us out...
Re: What's the most surprising change in rankings!???
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 02:40:30 AM »
San Diego.
The University of San Diego c/o 2011.

http://themeaningofmadness.blogspot.com/

euphrasie

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - allardjr@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 02:45:26 AM »
Agreed.

I was also surprised by Fordham's big jump.

San Diego.
Married: Seattle 2011!
Love: Fordham PT, Seton Hall PT, USF PT, Seattle PT, Lewis & Clark PT, USD PT
Like: W&M
Hate: Georgetown PT, Harvard

LSN

HaciM36

• Sr. Citizen
  • YUM YUM YUM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 02:56:59 AM »

I was also surprised by Fordham's big jump.

I think that was definitely the biggest shock to a lot of people, including myself. Moving up 7 spots is not unheard of but a change like that within the top 40 is pretty amazing. Congrats to anyone who decided on going to Fordham already. Now cross your fingers USNEWS keeps 'em up there over the next couple years!
And shepherds we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee, power hath descended forthfrom thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. We shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.

KillYourself

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 03:34:35 AM »
I disagree with the above posts.  Those things were unlikely, but not "most surprising".  Most surprising was clearly NYU over Columbia.   

HaciM36

• Sr. Citizen
  • YUM YUM YUM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 03:47:57 AM »
Most surprising was clearly NYU over Columbia.   

Good point! (not sarcastic) I think I may have gotten a little too excited seeing Fordham jump to such a higher position but also gotta keep in mind those t14 schools will never really have a jump of more than 2 or 3 spots within one year but your right NYU over Columbia is very impressive.

Now I'm thinking a year from today I'll be reviewing the 2009 rankings and watch schools like Columbia regain their position over NYU and how potentially insignifiacant these rankings really in the short run.

platopotato

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 11:35:57 AM »
Toledo now 85, was 93. Not too long ago they were a bottom tier 4... More than half their 2006 class is part-time though.

michelle d

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 12:55:18 PM »
Didn't BU make a pretty respectable jump?  I don't remember exactly where it was last year, but if I remember correctly it was keeping a slightly lower crowd.
U of Chicago 2010.

katluva33

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 12:56:30 PM »
Didn't BU make a pretty respectable jump?  I don't remember exactly where it was last year, but if I remember correctly it was keeping a slightly lower crowd.

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,85347.msg2100567.html#msg2100567
It's important for us to explain to our nation that life is important. It's not only life of babies, but it's life of children living in, you know, the dark dungeons of the Internet.

I mean, there needs to be a wholesale effort against racial profiling, which is illiterate children

George Bush

michelle d

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2007, 12:59:30 PM »

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,85347.msg2100567.html#msg2100567

Oh.  my mistake.  I guess I just noticed that BU and BC were separated by more spaces this time around.  For some reason I thought BU was in the mid/high 20s last year.  Notre Dame took a notable dive (but I thought it was a bit overrated before.) 
U of Chicago 2010.