Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: U of North Dakota vs Florida A&M ?  (Read 796 times)

zouzo

• View Profile
    • Email
U of North Dakota vs Florida A&M ?
« on: March 29, 2007, 09:15:08 PM »
For me this would be a critical question.

UN Dakota = low tuition, low housing fee and well complexed facility in University.
           but bad weather!!(almost like Russian siberia) and bad transportation by
           air flight, Boring small town and low job chances to big city

Florida A & M = Higher Tuition, high housing cost in a big city (maybe wide access for job in
                city, Orlando and for many legal specialties in big law firms)
                Very humid hot summer, greatly mild in winter.
                School has low reputation name and new system (provisionally ABA!!)
                Looks Black oriented school (FYI, I am an Int'l student)

Which school will be good for a long term basis after graduation?

It would be appreciated to give me your wise answers.

jillibean

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm the pretty one.
    • View Profile
Re: U of North Dakota vs Florida A&M ?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 09:48:17 PM »
ND- You probably would like the Orlando area but I think ND would be a good choice overall
UMiami c/o 2010

zouzo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 10:54:12 PM »
Thanks though,

Yes. I feel you're right.

I really like the surroundings of Orlando area
but U North Dakota might give more long-term beneficial chances such as jobs, reputation, low city crimes, and total expenses for me.

gratif

• Sr. Citizen
  • 2.7/167
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 08:45:22 PM »
I'd be scared sh|tless of that provisional accredation.

Go to UND, take the cheap tuition.

If that's all you could get into, my guess is your LSAT score wasn't too hot.  Guess what though? 

Unlike regular applications, LSAT score matters very little for transfer students.  It's ALL about class rank.  Go to UND, and do very well.  Top 50% and you'll have a solid chance at a lateral transfer (another tier 4, in a preferred locale).  Top 30% you *could* be looking at some T3s.  Top 15% and you'll get into some T2s.

Go to UND and kick ass for one year.  Learn all you can about transfering (lsd.org has board dedicated to transferring that'll answer all your questions).  You'll make it into a better school with a favorable locale, with less debt than the regular admits.

Study your ass off.

Ranx

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 09:20:39 PM »
I'm going to North Dakota.
Maybe I'll see you there. I'm from Kansas so the lack of scenery and cold weather don't mean much to me. Lots of people like cold winters. I do. Most of the people I know from Minnesota and the Dakotas really have no interest in moving to a warmer climate. It has it's own special appeal.

I was also interested in going to as small a achool as possible. That and the low tuition make it very interesting to me.
North Dakota Law '10