Law School Discussion

CLEO Attitude is Essential Summer Conference

Re: CLEO Attitude is Essential Summer Conference
« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2007, 09:22:17 AM »
I was at the CLEO A.S.A.P. in Atlanta last year which was held simultaneously with Attitude Is Essential. We received the same $250 stipend as AIE received. It will come to you, but if it's anything like last year it will not come right away. It took almost 2 months for the majority of us to receive the stipend. From what it seemed like they were sent out on a rolling basis.

Anyway it was informative and the networking was good if you chose to do so. The paired us (the ASAP'ers) up with A.I.E. people so that it could be like a mentoring type situation.

Socially it was great. I met people there that I still keep into contact with now periodically. I'll admit to maybe not being as professional as I could of been because I was mixing it up with the ladies, but at least it was very discreet. But hey that's what happens sometimes with the ratio being as it is.

If by any chance any of y'all have any questions hit me up.

pikey

• Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 21, 2007, 11:07:32 AM »
I got the email, even though I'm not going.  I never sent in my confirmation form or deposit because I couldn't get the time off, but somehow they think I did!  I emailed them back last night to correct that.  I really wish I was going, so make sure you take lots of notes so you can help a sista out!  :)

naturallybeyoutiful

• Everything is everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 21, 2007, 03:34:07 PM »
I really wish I was going, so make sure you take lots of notes so you can help a sista out!  :)

Don't worry.  Will do, Moni!  I think you're going to be set for LS though, even without having gone!

« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2007, 07:11:04 PM »
I got the email, even though I'm not going.  I never sent in my confirmation form or deposit because I couldn't get the time off, but somehow they think I did!  I emailed them back last night to correct that.  I really wish I was going, so make sure you take lots of notes so you can help a sista out!  :)

Awwwww Moni I was looking forward to meeting you!  :( You were thinking of going to the one in L.A. right?

I am with Nat...I am sure you will do great and we got you on the info!  ;)

pikey

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2007, 07:30:37 PM »

Awwwww Moni I was looking forward to meeting you!  :( You were thinking of going to the one in L.A. right?

I am with Nat...I am sure you will do great and we got you on the info!  ;)

Yeah, I was, but decided it would just be too much hassle.  Thanks for the notes.  You never know, maybe we'll meet up at at some sort of Midwest BLSA event!  :)

Chibundu

• PrimeTime!!!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Bunz
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2007, 01:09:41 AM »
I havent received an itinerary yet, could someone email it to me. I still have not bought my plane ticket yet also, but was lookin at purchasing that this weekend. Did we need to be there by a certain time or date? I should be going to the ATL Conference, but I am not sure if I am supposed to arrive a day early or on the 13th of July? Yea i am sorry if it seems as if I know nothing, but I could not find any information on the website and they were never forthright with any information to me.

Thanks for any and all assistance I do appreciate it.

naturallybeyoutiful

• Everything is everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2007, 05:19:17 AM »
id we need to be there by a certain time or date? I should be going to the ATL Conference, but I am not sure if I am supposed to arrive a day early or on the 13th of July?

If memory serves me correctly, registration is from 9 am - 2 pm on the 13th.  The program itself starts at 3 pm on that date.  It ends by Sunday afternoon on teh 15th.  Definitely give them a call though and figure out where you information is. 

« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2007, 10:11:59 AM »
that info you gave is correct , I checked against what they sent me in the mail.

Anyone know what kind of attire we should wear to this thing?? Is it business casual?

pikey

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2007, 10:43:35 AM »
that info you gave is correct , I checked against what they sent me in the mail.

Anyone know what kind of attire we should wear to this thing?? Is it business casual?

Last year I packed business casual and after agonising over what to wear lots of people were in casual clothing!  Saturday will be t-shirt day, so make sure you pack some khakis or something (I had to rush out and buy some).  Khakis with a polo or button down should be fine for day.  For the keynote speech night, bring a tie and a jacket.

« Reply #79 on: June 22, 2007, 11:22:11 AM »
what were the ladies wearing??