Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: CLEO Attitude is Essential Summer Conference  (Read 12458 times)

P.U.S.H

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: CLEO Attitude is Essential Summer Conference
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2007, 08:37:51 AM »
Just got an email about it today... sucks that I'll be abroad until the 22nd (at least) >:(

They mentioned something about completing the program makes you eligible for academic support and stipends. Do they mean the 6-week program or the AIE seminar?
Everday I'm HUSL'in

jillibean

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm the pretty one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2007, 08:41:32 AM »
Just got an email about it today... sucks that I'll be abroad until the 22nd (at least) >:(

They mentioned something about completing the program makes you eligible for academic support and stipends. Do they mean the 6-week program or the AIE seminar?

I know that after you finish one program you are a CLEO fellow and the other (AIE) you are a CLEO associate. Basically you can get scholarships after the first year of law school and the stipend you get from AIE after you finish the program (to spend on airfare).
I have heard about things like book scholarships also
UMiami c/o 2010

P.U.S.H

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2007, 09:05:17 AM »
Sucks to miss out on the possible scholarships, but ah well... I was notified by a school I'm only marginally considering anyway :-\
Everday I'm HUSL'in

naturallybeyoutiful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Everything is everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2007, 02:53:26 PM »
@ jillibean or anyone else who has already applied...

Am I missing something?   ???  How are we supposed to send them a copy of the LSDAS/LSAC report?  Did you all just print out the transcript and LSAT pages from your online accounts, or did you order an official $12 report and have it sent to them.  (I thought the latter was only an option for law schools themselves.)  Please let me know.  Thanks!

I'm curious about this as well

FYI - I called the CLEO office today about the AIE conference.  They just want you to print your LSAT screen from your LSDAS/LSAC account and mail a copy to them so they can verify your scores.  hth

Btw - Thanks for the help, jillibean!
Harvard Law: What, like it's hard?

SophistAKAted

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2007, 02:49:06 AM »
When I applied for AIE I called CLEO to ask if they would need another copy of my LSDAS report, given that I had already sent one with the application for the 6 week program. They told me to make a note on the application for AIE, that my report was already sent with the 6 Week application . However, I got a notice last week stating they were unable to process my application for AIE until I sent them a copy of my LSDAS report. All they asked was that I go to the LSAC website and print a copy of the report, and fax it in to them...so I'm pretty sure all they need is a copy. Hope this helps!

chocolatedlux56

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2007, 06:50:22 PM »
I called the CLEO office today, and they said that the May 1st deadline for the AIE was actually a misprint and the actual deadline isn't until June 1st. 

Chibundu

• Sr. Citizen
  • PrimeTime!!!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Bunz
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2007, 07:19:31 PM »
Well I am just hoping I can go to the 6 Week Summer Institute. I should find out this week. This actually has me more nervous than any of my school decisions.

I wouldnt mind doing both either, but if they do decide to reject me then I hope I am able to go to AIE. This is crazy, but are most people who have been admitted this late hearing it through an email or an actual letter?
Bunz

SMU!!!!!

But still waiting to be called upon to be a Cougar-- UHLC

Law School 2007 Either Way!!!!

naturallybeyoutiful

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2007, 09:29:56 PM »
I called the CLEO office today, and they said that the May 1st deadline for the AIE was actually a misprint and the actual deadline isn't until June 1st. 

??? What in the world?  All that rushing for nothing.  That seems late to be finding out whether you are actually heading out of state in the middle of July. 

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2007, 09:52:07 PM »

??? What in the world?  All that rushing for nothing.  That seems late to be finding out whether you are actually heading out of state in the middle of July. 

They notify you on a rolling basis.
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

naturallybeyoutiful

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2007, 10:03:50 PM »

They notify you on a rolling basis.

The voice of reason!  Thanks, Moni.  Congrats on your decision, btw.  It seems that you made the right choice for you!