Law School Discussion

school nicknmes

lexylit

school nicknmes
« on: September 14, 2004, 11:44:25 AM »
i was surprised to see valparaiso refer to itself as valpo right in that letter. does vanderbilt call itself vandy too? i thought the whole point of cute school nicknames was that theyre only known to the cool kids  :P

wouldn't it weird you out to get a letter from a school saying "unlike other t.t.t. schools, our facilities are as good as those of HYS. our adcomm would love to hear from you! we hope you've enjoyed this BJ letter."

!@#$%

• View Profile
Re: school nicknmes
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2004, 11:48:50 AM »
It occurred to me briefly that when people ask in the future where I am going/went to law school, I don't want my answer to make people immediately think of dog food.

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2004, 11:50:18 AM »
ALPO is the real deal.  No other dog food even comes close.  This from personal experience! ;D

ZAP

It occurred to me briefly that when people ask in the future where I am going/went to law school, I don't want my answer to make people immediately think of dog food.

rwhitman

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2004, 11:55:50 AM »
ALPO is the real deal.  No other dog food even comes close.  This from personal experience! ;D

ZAP

I had the ALPO Diced Cuts Simmered in SauceCuts in Gravy with Chicken & Rice yesterday...mmhmmm...Wait a second, Dog food?!??!!

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2004, 12:28:04 PM »
I actually like the Alpo gravy with instant mashed potatoes!  I spread the meat on my sloppy joes.

ZAP

ZAP

I had the ALPO Diced Cuts Simmered in SauceCuts in Gravy with Chicken & Rice yesterday...mmhmmm...Wait a second, Dog food?!??!!

TDPookie1

• the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2004, 01:13:53 PM »
i was surprised to see valparaiso refer to itself as valpo right in that letter. does vanderbilt call itself vandy too? i thought the whole point of cute school nicknames was that theyre only known to the cool kids  :P

wouldn't it weird you out to get a letter from a school saying "unlike other t.t.t. schools, our facilities are as good as those of HYS. our adcomm would love to hear from you! we hope you've enjoyed this BJ letter."

I thought it was a no-name school until I looked carefully and saw the actual school name.  That was bizarre.

absy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2004, 04:43:05 PM »
now there's a package that looks like it comes from Ed McMahon.

TDPookie1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2004, 05:40:38 PM »
now there's a package that looks like it comes from Ed McMahon.

The Valpo one?

I'm excited to go home in an hour just so I can check my mail and see which other schools we can mock :)

absy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2004, 07:52:14 PM »
It's fun, isn't it?  My mail comes usually a day later, so I got the valpo package today (though my Columbia package came on time).

TDPookie1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2004, 08:02:40 PM »
I didn't get love from LSs today, other than e-mails from Southwestern and Santa Clara.  ::sigh::  Now I'm looking forward to tomorrow.