Law School Discussion

Eat'r Heart out biscuit....

dr_draino

Re: Eat'r Heart out biscuit....
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2004, 02:15:54 PM »
Did your school have athletics ZAP?  Elon college in NC had to change their mascott a few years ago when they got football...somehow "the fighting Christians" just didn't have the ring to it they were looking for.  The school I teach at is affiliated with a church (though not a religious school...which is obvious by my being on the faculty) and we are "the Batteling Bishops" which I find incredibly humorous.  And yes, I know I just mis-spelled Batteling two Lexy, if you remember, I was kicked out of academically gifted classes because I couldn't meat they're spelling requirements.  ;)

I just want to know how people actually think these things are good ideas...

ZAP

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2004, 02:19:33 PM »
Yeah, we were "the bisons".  Which is hilarious.  Because the plural of bison is bison, not bisons. 

ZAP

Did your school have athletics ZAP?  Elon college in NC had to change their mascott a few years ago when they got football...somehow "the fighting Christians" just didn't have the ring to it they were looking for.  The school I teach at is affiliated with a church (though not a religious school...which is obvious by my being on the faculty) and we are "the Batteling Bishops" which I find incredibly humorous.  And yes, I know I just mis-spelled Batteling two Lexy, if you remember, I was kicked out of academically gifted classes because I couldn't meat they're spelling requirements.  ;)

I just want to know how people actually think these things are good ideas...

ZAP

lexylit

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2004, 02:24:52 PM »
for the record, i was NOT making spelling comments to be obnoxious, i just couldnt resist when you said you were "in a fowl mood." that's pure comedy-- plus it reminded me of the old ad for "chicken tonight" with everyone flapping their wings

dr_draino

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2004, 02:26:24 PM »
I know...my best friend is also a word-hound and he always sends back obnoxious replies to my terribly inappropriate use of the english language.

for the record, i was NOT making spelling comments to be obnoxious, i just couldnt resist when you said you were "in a fowl mood." that's pure comedy-- plus it reminded me of the old ad for "chicken tonight" with everyone flapping their wings

lexylit

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2004, 02:29:38 PM »
The shirt that cracks me up is the "Villanova.  We're not snobs, we're just better than you," only because so many people here actually believe that...

hahahahah
swarthmore actually has shirts that say #1 LIBERAL ARTS COLLEGE IN THE COUNTRY

....yeah  ::)

Rowgirl

• 3.3/165
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2004, 02:31:31 PM »
I've been to Swarthmore (its right down the road).  Their shirts should say "#1 school for people too ugly to get in anywhere else."

p.s. If you went to swarthmore, I'm sorry, you're probably quite attractive, but the people I've seen there were, well, not.

lucky7

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2004, 05:34:39 PM »

Ha! a high school near me is the bishops too! and their color is purple. its pretty bad. i cant believe another school thought thats a good name for a team

Bisquick

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2004, 07:30:49 PM »

Ha! a high school near me is the bishops too! and their color is purple. its pretty bad. i cant believe another school thought thats a good name for a team

There are several teams called the "Fighting Quakers", which makes NO sense.  Traditional Quakerism is marked by EXTREME pacifism.