Law School Discussion

Hastings class of 2010

Re: Hastings class of 2010
« Reply #180 on: July 10, 2007, 11:35:03 PM »
Is anyone planning to pre-order books? Is that something that is suggested? Is there usually a huge rush to get books as soon as we get to the school?

« Reply #181 on: July 14, 2007, 12:54:48 PM »
For folks on the Tower waitlist...

I'm a current SF resident and Hastings applicant.  Unfortunately Hastings didn't happen for me so I'm bolting for the cornfields of Illinois.  Which means my room in my apartment is gonna be looking for a new occupant in early August.  For what it's worth, I had every intention of living in this spot if I'd gotten into Hastings.

For those new to SF, the Inner Sunset is a little quieter than the Tenderloin.  It's far more residential but there's plenty of stuff within easy walking distance.  The biggest selling point for a Hastings student (at least it going to be for me) aside from the ridiculously low rent is that it's a 10 minute walk from the Forest Hill Muni station or N-Judah.  So there's great public transpo that'll drop you one block from school.

As for my roommates, they are awesome.  Chill bunch, low-maintenance, mixed household (1 male, 2 females staying).  I'm sad to be leaving them.  All are headed back to school eventually, so it's a grad school friendly environment.

If you're interested, PM or check out our craiglist ad.

Good luck w/your housing search!

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/roo/373849157.html

Guess who's coming to dinner?!?

• Don't call it a come back
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 17, 2007, 02:39:50 PM »
Is anyone planning to pre-order books? Is that something that is suggested? Is there usually a huge rush to get books as soon as we get to the school?

I would HIGHLY suggest this.  Cannot stress it enough.  When everybody else is waiting in line and searching to figure out what books they need you go straight to the front of the line and give them your name receipt and they hand you all your books in a little Hastings bag.

« Reply #183 on: July 17, 2007, 11:13:31 PM »
this thread is not approved

« Reply #184 on: July 19, 2007, 10:23:12 PM »
Thanks Guess Who!

[/quote]

I would HIGHLY suggest this.  Cannot stress it enough.  When everybody else is waiting in line and searching to figure out what books they need you go straight to the front of the line and give them your name receipt and they hand you all your books in a little Hastings bag.
[/quote]