Law School Discussion

Hastings class of 2010

Re: Hastings class of 2010
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2007, 09:07:58 PM »
Is the one-page tower application the only thing to fill out? It doesnt even let you list any preference. Do you just put the type of room you want and hope you get it?

« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2007, 10:13:23 AM »
i applied online too and since i haven't received any emails other than the "thank you for applying" one, i'm assuming my application went through without any problems. which housing category did you apply for? i chose the 1 br in a 4-br apartment. i really like that the new muni t line connects the two campuses - it ups the convenience level by a lot.

Yeah, I also chose the 1-BR in a 4-BR option.  Good price, plenty of space, and the Muni line has a stop right outside of the apartment building and in front Hastings.  I'm also sort of looking forward to living with other students who are going through hell, but not necessarily law school hell.

When do you move in?
[/quote]

I was thinking about doing that as well.  I called the people and they said a lot of the people in 4 bedrooms are faculty that are there temporarily then they move out and move someone else in.  I don't really want to live with any faculty, nor am I excited about having a new roommate all the time.  Since they won't let us do studios or 1 BR, I guess that or finding 1 or 2 people for a 2 or 3 BR are our only options.  Anyone know if they will pair up people looking for a 2BR or anyone on here looking at that route?

« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2007, 09:38:54 PM »
Is the meet-up a private gig or school sponsored?  Probably a stupid ? if there's liquor involved.

Le Docteur De Peste

• Ashes, ashes, we all fall down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2007, 09:22:07 AM »
Is the meet-up a private gig or school sponsored?  Probably a stupid ? if there's liquor involved.

Its just an LSD thing, though im a Hastings 1L and there'll be at least two incoming Hastings students there along with several LSD people from the bay area.  If you're interested PM me.

Yeah, and I'm a Hastings 0L. It'll be a good opportunity to meet the people that will eventually become your (social) safety net... and 6un u l00z3r, lolrz.

« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2007, 12:07:44 PM »
Disturbing:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/04/21/BAGUNPD3041.DTL

Despite it being a false threat, the fact that someone would find this funny amazes me.

« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2007, 04:02:27 PM »
did anyone else NOT get the Hastings Grant!!?? ???

Le Docteur De Peste

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2007, 04:03:18 PM »
did anyone else NOT get the Hastings Grant!!?? ???

I just got the "minimum" ($5,000).

How did you not get it? Was your expected family contribution uber high?

« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2007, 04:26:10 PM »
no they don't really look at that as far as Hastings grant. If your expected family contribution is hella high they just give you less loans. I called and they said I have a lot of assets(45K)(money my parents paid me as salary to save on their own taxes and that I have put in long term investments). It is just hard for me to consider myself rich cuz I have been living in a cold livingroom for 300/month for 2 years in Berkeley. 5 grand is a lot....

Le Docteur De Peste

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2007, 04:31:41 PM »
no they don't really look at that as far as Hastings grant. If your expected family contribution is hella high they just give you less loans. I called and they said I have a lot of assets(45K)(money my parents paid me as salary to save on their own taxes and that I have put in long term investments). It is just hard for me to consider myself rich cuz I have been living in a cold livingroom for 300/month for 2 years in Berkeley. 5 grand is a lot....

Use up your investments and boom, one year of law school to not worry about?

« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2007, 04:36:56 PM »

Use up your investments and boom, one year of law school to not worry about?
[/quote]

Yeah, and I can get Hastings grant for year 2 and 3, Hooray! ;D